Freelance Senior Designer
Posted: Aug 29, 2022
A Marcus Group is a women-owned boutique design agency with over 20 years of experience partnering with local print production vendors to produce the highest quality printed products. We specialize in luxury marketing and have nurtured a client list featuring some of the most prestigious luxury brands. We strive to provide our clients with qualitative and beautiful solutions that answer their brief.
Our company is currently looking to hire a Freelance Senior Designer to support our team. Our design team is nimble. This means every member of the team gets the chance to lead on projects both small and large, from inception to completion. Projects may range from creating full suites of printed collateral for special events (invite, menu, displays) to concepting carefully considered packaging for high-end luxury brands. Do you hoard a stash of luxury brand catalogs because you went gaga over the paper? If yes, you'll love what we do at A Marcus. If you love paper and textures, are a self-starter and thrive in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment, this is an opportunity not to be missed.
This position reports to the Creative Director and will start off on-site for 3 months with the opportunity to evolve into a full-time position. Our creative director will work closely with you in the beginning to on-board you to our system but our ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running and require little to no hand-holding. Candidates would require a demonstrated ability to work with established brands to create designs that extend their marketability while balancing a great working relationship with all partners across the business.
- Possess industry leading graphic design and typography skills with proven ability to concept, design and execute complex collateral independently
- Ability to translate ideas into creative solutions; apply strategic thinking to hands-on design work for established brands
- Understand and be able to react to requests from clients as appropriate; strong filter for assessing impact of these choices
- Create print-ready production files to share with production vendors; ability to convert designs from native files to editable templates in powerpoint
- Manage project workflows and ability to reprioritize
- Build hand-comps to ensure feasibility and as presentation to clients
- Collaborate with production vendors on execution; understanding capabilities of production is essential to avoid and successfully navigate situations where manufacturing hurdles arise
- Awareness of fashion, beauty, luxury trends is required
- Possess an inquisitive attitude and willingness to take the initiative to figure out solutions to challenges, independently identify viable solutions, create new approaches, seek ideas and suggestions when appropriate
Skills & requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Design, or related field of study
- 7+ years working experience
- Experience working with fashion/beauty/luxury
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- A portfolio showcasing clean, intricate & beautiful projects that have been printed/produced
- Ability to draw dielines and possess knowledge of good hand-comping strategies
- Exposure to motion graphics and animation a plus
- Technology acumen related to digital media and digital content delivery
- Strategic thinker, developed organizational skills, and collaborative problem solver
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt, and multi-task in face-paced environment
- Proven self-starter and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently and advocate when assistance is needed
- Action and result oriented
- Must have all paperwork to work in the US
Please apply with resume and portfolio.