Facebook: Front End Application Engineer at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) (Menlo Park, CA)
Posted: Feb 21, 2020
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Front End Application Engineer to join our Site Engineering Robotics Team. This person will be responsible for building desktop web applications for the robotics program.
- Work with Product Designer to implement the features and user interfaces for next generation robotics products
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Manage issues, risks and schedule throughout the project, and participation in usability test activities
- Work with Designer to optimize design, improve customer experience, and develop user training documentations
- Interact with cross-functional teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- 2+ years of software development experience, building new projects from the ground up
- Experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience
- Experience analyzing problems, identify constraints and boundaries to develop solution options
- MS degrees in Computer Science or related technical field
- Able to work full-stack (UI, back-end, ROS, etc.)
- Experience with PHP and C++
- Experience with robotic platforms such as ROS
- Knowledge and experience in any of the following areas: Robot localization and navigation, computer vision and imaging, or SLAM, Facebook back-end SW system (Thrift, Tupperware, FB code, Scuba, etc.), Linux and networking
- Familiar with data analysis tools and/or experience working with data analysts
- Experience scaling solutions, demonstrating a mindset of "scalability"
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]