Google: Front End Software Engineer at Google (New York, NY) (New York, NY)
Posted: Aug 15, 2019
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- 1 year of experience in Software Development.
- Experience with front end technologies and/or front end frameworks.
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS3 web standards.
- Knowledge of web libraries and frameworks, such as AngularJS, Polymer, Closure or Backbone.
- Developed web design skills and user experience fundamentals knowledge.
- Familiarity with the full web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Googles needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Build next-generation web applications with a focus on the client side.
- Redesign UI's, implement new UI's, and pick up Java as necessary.