Wayfair: Frontend Engineer ll at Wayfair (Boston, MA) (Boston, MA)
Posted: Apr 16, 2019
Frontend Engineer ll
Shopping for the home is often overwhelming. Wayfair is an extreme case – it’s visited by two million people daily, shopping across more than 10 million products: Home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares, and more. Our software engineering teams work hard to conceal the complexity of this experience. Every customer should come away feeling like they’ve found the perfect item for them. Shopping for the home should be exciting, and we’re the team that makes that happen.
Frontend Engineers at Wayfair, particularly in our Storefront organization, are specialists in translating mockups into scalable and maintainable React and Sass. They work closely in cross-functional teams to collaborate with both Full-Stack Engineers on client-side best practices and coding standards, and Designers on our global Pattern Library and UI/UX standards. We build out all of our features using React with Redux and GraphQL, and a custom Sass framework that handles theming for our six brands and three international sites, across all platforms.
What You’ll Do:
- Write thoughtful, scalable, and performant CSS, HTML, and React code to build and test new features that our millions of customers use to browse our site every day.
- Work seamlessly with Designers and Product Managers to turn wireframes and mockups into responsive, consistent UIs that leverage our central React Pattern Library.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Be a part of the team that is leading the market in delivering the most delightful customer shopping experience for home furnishings online in a quickly changing landscape.
- See your hard work instantly influence what you see onsite: Your code will be front and center for the millions of daily customers shopping for home furnishings online.
- Have your voice heard as you contribute to decision-making and process creating for the team and its features. Be seen as an equally important member of the team among your colleagues.
Who You Are:
- Passionate about UI, UX, and Design Systems, and working with Designers to create engaging and intuitive experiences across platforms.
- Excited about sharing knowledge with those around you and expanding your skillset.
- Interested in the latest frontend and design technology, trends, and industry news.
- A graduate of a computer science, computer graphics, or digital arts related degree program with 2+ years of relevant industry experience, OR have 4+ years of equivalent industry experience
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Please note: if your initial application passes a first review, you'll receive a final application link via email.