Motiv Inc.: Frontend Software Engineer at Motiv Inc. (Dallas, TX) (Dallas, TX)
Posted: Nov 9, 2019
*We are unable to support any Visa sponsorship at this time.
*Only accepting local candidates as we are unable to support relocation
Frontend Software Engineer
Location: Dallas, TX
Duration: Long-Term Contract-to-Hire (2+ years)
Start Date: ASAP
Team Size: 10+
Our client is a technology services and implementation company with expertise in software platform engineering across a variety of industries. They work with many Fortune 500 companies to deliver positive business outcomes using rapid prototyping and a solid foundation of DevOps-based software platform engineering that ensure high-quality and on-time delivery.
This team is currently partnering with an enterprise logistics company through a digital transformation to reengineer retail software with best-in-class technology. There will be an emphasis on creating scalable software and operations to effect lasting change.
Were actively seeking to build a team of Software Engineers (comprised of both frontend and backend developers) in support of this digital transformation within the enterprise logistics company. The transformation will focus on ecommerce and in-store retail software. Engineers will need to have working knowledge of current technologies and development operations practices, as well as an ability to collaborate with other developers, designers and program managers. The software being created will utilize Java/J2EE technologies and were targeting candidates with proficiency in this area.
- Involved in all design phases of software development lifecycle.
- Collaborate with backend developers to define API agreement
- Actively involved in development phase and resolve technical challenges.
- Collaborate with backend developers and UX designer during UI implementation per UX specs.
- Ensure continuous integration and maintenance of various modules of applications.
- Review code of peers and ensure daily smaller commits and help remediate bad commits.
- Ensure compliance to CI best practices in conjunction with automation engineer
- Code and debug applications.
- Write and maintain automated integration/functional and unit test cases.
- Software analysis, code analysis and reviews.
- Involved in System Integration Testing / User Acceptance Testing and rollout supports.
- 10+ years of coding experience in Java technology stack
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Web 2.0 technologies, NodeJS, Typescript, Git, UI Frameworks like Angular7, NGRX etc., CSS3 (Flexbox) - syntax and usage
- Knowledge of mobile technologies like native script, Ionic, Cordova etc., progressive web applications (PWA) and service workers would be preferable.
- Working knowledge of UI automation testing framework including Protractor, Selenium, Jasmine, Karma, etc. ensuring testing at all levels of application.
- Shift-Left Design thinking.
- Working knowledge of Webservices creation & consumption for REST & SOAP communication protocols.
- Good understanding of Localization and Internationalization changes.
- Basic understanding of ADA and related standards and experience of building application as per these standards.
- Experience of working in SAFe methodology
- Experience of using DevOps pipelines for automation
- Good Logical skills and problem-solving ability,
- Excellent communication skills / Must have exposure of Client facing role.
- Awareness of Visualization & Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning related technologies.
- Experience engineering retail software
- Experience engineering logistics software