Douglas GmbH: Frontend Web Development Engineer (f/m/d) at Douglas GmbH (Düsseldorf, Germany) (Düsseldorf, Germany)
Posted: Apr 15, 2021
Douglas is one of the leading premium beauty retailers with around 2,400 shops and the No1 online premium beauty shop in Europe. The success and the path to the future of omnichannel retailing is defined by the #FORWARDBEAUTY strategy program. Douglas is already the first address for beauty in 26 countries and offers customers a unique shopping experience as well as a modern portfolio with around 55,000 beauty and health products from over 750 brands. The fast-growing e-commerce platform has just been expanded into a curated marketplace. As a result, Douglas generated sales of €3.5 billion in the 2018/2019 financial year. The Douglas team of more than 20,000 beauty experts encourages and inspires people to live their individual beauty every day. #forwardbeauty #liveyourownkindofbeauty #doitforyou
For our e-commerce department at our head office in Düsseldorf, we are looking for a
Frontend Web Development Engineer (f/m/d)
EXCITING TASKS AWAIT YOU
- You will develop and expand functions as well as constantly working on improving the e-commerce platform for our customers and attach great importance to a high-quality shopping experience.
- You create modern frontends based on a micro service architecture and proactively bring in new ideas and approaches.
- Together with the product management and your team, you understand the needs of our customers and take responsibility for technical concepts and their timely implementation.
- You see yourself as a consultant for the business and always coordinate closely with the other specialist areas
- You are in close contact with your IT colleagues and understand the needs and requirements of a high-performance, secure and stable platform operation.
- You like to expand your knowledge, think outside the box, exchange ideas with other frontend developers and take part in lead developer meetings and other workshops.
- Lead and guide Professionals and be a mentor for Juniors as well as take responsibility.
YOU BRING A LOT WITH YOU
- A successfully completed degree in computer science or a comparable completed professional training in the field of software development.
- You are experienced with Angular, Redux and Hooks.
- You are also familiar with frameworks and libraries such as React and node.js.
- You analyze problems down to the "root cause" and find a smarter solution through your constant will for improvement.
- The Atlassian stack (Jira, Confluence) has nothing to do with geography for you.
- You can convince with your ability to work in a team and your strong communication skills.
- Your distinctive commitment, your reliability and your ability to work under pressure complete your profile.
- Very good English skills is a “must have”.
Desirable additional Experience:
- Good German language skills is a plus.
- Several years of professional experience in web development projects, ideally with agile development methods such as Scrum
- Experience with Atomic Design Systems and Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Initial knowledge of templating languages such as Mustache or Freemarker as well as an understanding of functional programming (FP)
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Bamboo and staging environments
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
Qualified and competent colleagues in all areas who will be happy to help you at any time
A professional induction in a great team
A wide-ranging online learning platform with a variety of content for your personal development
A motivating and inspiring environment directly at the Douglas headquarters
A challenging and varied range of tasks on one of the most successful e-commerce platforms of the 21st century
Flexible, trust-based working hours and a host of other benefits, such as free parking, free drinks, coffee and tea, discounts on our products, discounted sports programs and much more.
Do you recognize yourself in this description? Then don't hesitate and become part of the Douglas team. Please apply, stating your salary expectations and possible starting date.
We are looking forward to meeting you!