Wedbush Securities: Full Stack Application Programmer at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA) (Los Angeles, CA)
Posted: Apr 16, 2019
Wedbush Securities is one of the nation’s largest full-service investment banking and brokerage firms. Our Los Angeles office is seeking a Full Stack Application Programmer to join our Engineering group. The Engineering group is responsible for the development and support of WS’s software platform and framework. This includes the delivery and deployment of new systems, technologies and services which are aligned with WS’s IT strategy for all business groups. The Full Stack Application Programmer is responsible for the design of all project, platform or software application enhancements. Working hand in hand with platform, development resources and various business units to ensure that project requirements are met in a manner consistent with WSh’s strategic vision and roadmap, the Full Stack Application Programmer will also help to develop critical products and reports for our clients, and offer excellent technical support.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop front-end website architecture
- Design user interactions on web pages
- Develop back-end website applications
- Create servers and databases for functionality
- Ensure cross-platform optimization for mobile phones
- Ensure responsiveness of applications
- Work alongside graphic designers for web design features
- Design and develop APIs
- Meet both technical and consumer needs
- Stay abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
- BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in .NET/Java development for enterprise architecture, application architecture, and large-scale transactional system development
- Highly skilled computer programming experience with both front- and back- end programming
- Proficiency with server side languages such as .NET and Java.
- Familiarity with technologies including IIS, Entity Framework, Bootstrap, Micro services, console apps and open source software.
- Familiarity with database technology including MS SQL, MySQL and MongoDB
- Familiarity with TFS, GIT, Jira, Confluence, SDLC, Agile and Scrum
- Excellent verbal communication skills required
- Strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills required