Prevail Health Solutions: Full Stack Developer at Prevail Health Solutions (Chicago, IL) (Chicago, IL)
Posted: Mar 12, 2019
About the Role:
Prevail is a mission-driven and growing Chicago health tech startup transforming the way our users connect to mental-health resources and online support. Check out two of our public-facing product lines at www.iprevail.com and www.vetsprevail.org.
We believe in the potential for new technologies to transform the way people build mental resilience. We have demonstrated this with tens of thousands of users and hope to continue to empower individuals to overcome challenges from depression to PTSD to substance abuse through personalized digital support.
Our team is expanding quickly: we are looking for Full Stack Developers that can work in a variety of languages and are used to working in startup modes. The role allows for rapid growth for the right candidate.
We are building and scaling our engineering team, and we are seeking knowledgeable leaders who like getting their hands dirty to join us during this exciting growth phase. If you are looking for a position that will allow you to boost your career to the next level and are willing to put in the effort required to get there, this will be the perfect role for you!
- Build and support internal APIs for Prevail’s mobile apps.
- Build data reporting tools for internal and external customers.
- Support our custom CMS, real-time messaging, proprietary video player, and other exciting technical challenges.
- Collaborate with Engineering leadership to improve processes and building a strong collaborative culture.
- Work closely with Product and Design to scope features and improve.
- Contribute your own unique ideas about how to make our product better for users.
- Computer Science Degree Required
- 2+ years of experience with Rails back-end development.
- Mentoring or management experience strongly preferred
- Must be able to deploy Rails apps to cloud-based machines
- Experience with unit testing: Cucumber, RSpec, etc.
- Experience with version control tools (git)
- Experience working on teams using Agile Methodologies
- Experience with DevOps is strongly preferred
- Experience leading teams or mentoring teammates is strongly preferred
- Experience with HIPAA and strong security practices preferred
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- We sponsor visa status.
- Friday happy hours and very relaxed dress code.
- Health and dental insurance.
- Subsidized public transit pass.