Rakuten: Full Stack Developer - Data Science Department at Rakuten (Tokyo, Japan) (Tokyo, Japan)
Posted: Jun 5, 2019
Rakuten’s Data Science Group optimizes Rakuten Membership experiences in many ways. With hundreds of millions of members and trillions (Japanese Yen) in spending, Rakuten’s Membership enjoys an un-paralleled eco-system of benefits and is amongst the largest in the world. Our talented and driven team operates a portfolio of products and services that optimize Rakuten membership experiences using data. We are looking for a software developer who will be responsible for designing and developing the core of Rakuten’s data products, such as an experimentation platform, to empower marketing and product teams to test, learn and deploy winning digital experiences within Rakuten’s ecosystem of businesses globally.
- Understand application and business requirements and provide technical solutions to enable the company's massive growth and wide variety of business use cases
- Participation in products technical design and architecture
- Closely work with product managers and other engineers to build features and APIs to support growth of Rakuten’s data product
- Collaborate with teams to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes
- Ensuring security and efficiency of product system performance
- 3+ years' experience in software development
- Strong understanding of object oriented programming and design patterns
- Fluency with at least one modern Front-end technology (React / Angular / Vue) and unit test framework
- Experience in REST API development
- Experience with database/middleware technologies, such as MySQL, Couchbase, Redis, MongoDB, HBase, etc.
- Experience with Agile Software development
- Good experience in CI/CD automation of service delivery (using Jenkins, git, etc.)
- Communication skills to interact with team members in Japan and overseas
- Familiar with ES6 / ES7
- UI / UX design experience
- Experience in development and operation of a large scale system
- Experience in Application Profiling and Performance tuning
- Experience of Spring boot, Flask, Docker
- Experience with monitoring and logging management technologies, such as Elastic Search, Kibana, Datadog, Grafana, etc.
- Domain knowledge of internet advertising
- Passion to challenge new things