Squla: Full Stack Developer in Amsterdam | Python | Education | Scale up at Squla (Amsterdam, Netherlands) (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
Posted: Jan 14, 2020
Building an online platform for educational games for children
Not just a job, but a job with a purpose! Does the idea of making the world a better place appeal to you? So you believe education can change the world in a positive way? And do you think about your own role in this world? Then come work with us!
Squla is a Dutch company building an online platform for educational games, where hundreds of thousands of children, parents and teachers interact.
Interested? Good! Let’s dive into the details of the job and let us tell you more about Squla.
At this moment we are looking for Junior, Medior and Senior Full Stack Developers for our teams. Why? Because we would like to keep on developing our product and services so more children can benefit from learning with Squla.
FULL-TIME · AMSTERDAM
The role of Full Stack Developer at Squla
In this role you will get the opportunity to work within an international team of excellent developers. The dev teams are building the Squla platform which offers educational quizzes and real-time multiplayer games to primary school aged children at home and in the classroom.
If you enjoy taking ownership and responsibility for independently deploying features that have an immediate impact on the product, keep on reading.
The main programming language we use is Python. If you have experience with Python or are interested in working with Python, this role may be a good fit for you.
About the Squla Development team
Our dev team consists of 10 developers, who work together with Product Owners, Designers, Content Specialists and Business Owners to build and make our product better each day. We implement agile processes, including Scrum, continuous integration and a focus on data driven optimisation.
Your typical day at work will involve
- Building end-to-end features that contribute to growing the Squla brand, its fun factor and ultimate effectiveness as a learning tool
- Taking part in planning sessions
- Testing your features and being fully responsible for them when they go live
- Troubleshooting live issues
How you fit in our Development team
- A Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- A thorough knowledge of computer science fundamentals (algorithms and data structures)
- A good foundation in relational database concepts and practices
- The ability to write clean and maintainable code, following standards and guidelines
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- A team player, able to communicate across disciplines
- A good understanding of common design patterns
- Experience writing automated tests
- Bonus points for:
- AWS or other cloud experience
- Experience with HTML5 games
- Experience with Unity
Why you want to work with us
The Squla office is located in a nicely renovated office on Weesperplein in the centre of Amsterdam. We work hard, play hard and we have a lot of fun and foster an informal yet professional atmosphere.
The Squla crew is a dynamic team that is enthusiastic about creating a fun, new way of learning in this ever-evolving digital age. We believe that a positive work environment not only encourages great teamwork, but is key to motivating our team to produce high quality products. We provide our team members with the resources they need to make sure they can do their jobs properly and get the results we aim for. Although our team is diverse and everyone brings their own interests and uniqueness to the table, every single person is excited about the great work Squla is doing.
This position is open to candidates worldwide and in the case of relocation, we will support in the relocation to Amsterdam.
Squla believes its 6 'Core Values' are at the heart of what we do and thus form an important part of the DNA of our employees:
- Learning is everything
- Results matter
- Fun works
- Together is better
- Be brave
- Embrace the difference
These 'Core Values' form an important part in every job interview for all the job vacancies within our organisation.
A Codility test is part of our hiring process.