Helloprint: Full Stack Developer (Senior) at Helloprint (Rotterdam, Netherlands) (Rotterdam, Netherlands)
Posted: Oct 18, 2019
Helloprint is about to develop some amazing new business models, and we need YOU to build the tech for it! We are looking for eager people who work hard, love trying new things, and are not afraid to take on a challenge outside their skill set.
Two Massive Challenges
Helloprint just created a Shopify app in just one week. It allows shop owners to upload their designs, pick their products and start selling; we handle printing and shipping. This project enables a wealth of new sales channels for us, and we now need to polish the app and implement similar solutions for other sales channels.
In addition, we are setting up partnerships in the music industry, aiming to replace their traditional Merchandise methods - which include printing a large number of stock and storing that in warehouses - with modern print on demand solutions. For this we need to build APIs as well as tools to manage artwork and orders.
Where do you come in?
We want to move faster, and for that we need more capacity. You would join one of our teams and work directly with a senior developer, UX designer, category manager and a product owner. Also expect our CEO Hans Scheffer to show up regularly, full of excitement and ideas and pushing the project into some new direction.
Your tasks could consist of anything from implementing designs and front end interaction to building API endpoints; writing AB tests to doing code reviews. And you’ll be present in meetings with big clients together with the rest of the team. We want everything fast, so sometimes deadlines are tight and the pressure is high, and we work long hours. Don’t worry; there will be redbull and pizza on these days.
We have different stacks for different projects, but most of our code is in PHP. We also use some Java and Typescript. Currently we work with Vue on Nuxt. We’re transitioning from an old system to a new one, so we sometimes need to work in both codebases.
What we are looking for:
- You have at least five years of relevant experience.
- You know how to use gulp, webpack and the like.
- You understand how design decisions impact performance and scalability
- You are able to oversee how your work impacts the business and know how your team can deliver projects on time & with the quality necessary.
- You want to work in a fast-paced company and environment.
- You are performance driven and you always deliver upon the agreed results.
- You are a team player and like to work together to achieve our targets;
What we offer
- A competitive compensation, including a bonus arrangement for exceptional outperformance. Because when we win, we win together;
- A unique challenge at one of Europe’s fastest growing technology companies;
- A fast-paced learning curve: you get big challenges instead of tasks to work on, which makes you learn faster;
- A unique culture with 21 nationalities, an average age of 28 and an environment where freedom and responsibility are central;
- The best office in Rotterdam, right on the “Witte de With”, the coolest street in Rotterdam. Only 5 minutes away from Rotterdam Central Station;
- Compensation for travel costs;
- Don't worry about food, that's on us; not only lunch, but also breakfast and dinner. Enough to keep you going all day;
- 24/7 access to our gym;
- Opportunities to grow, even into our Leadership Team. We don’t look for age or background, if you are extremely good, you will grow quickly;
- The opportunity to make yourself better: Courses, events and more, if you want to develop, you have that opportunity;
- The best hardware and software to work with, and a laptop of your preference (Apple or Windows);
- Seriously: The best business bubbles, Team Events, our own HelloSkybar TM, do we need to say more?