Posted: Jan 13, 2021
Zumper is on a mission to make renting an apartment as easy as booking a hotel. With 80 million annual users across two brands (Zumper and PadMapper), we’ve generated support from top-tier investors and recently raised $60m in Series D funding (of $140m total). We’re searching for passionate, hardworking people to build extraordinary products and redefine the rental industry. Jump aboard our rocket ship!
We need a Full Stack Engineer who is ready to bring Zumper to the next level. Do you want to have a meaningful impact on technology choices and product direction? Let's craft the next generation of apartment finding technology together!
Of course, Zumper is more than just an apartment search platform. Once you're on board you will be building tools (e.g. landlord tools, renter experience, platform, etc) that make renting easy! You'll write the UI, core services and APIs used across multiple platforms and two major brands (Zumper and PadMapper). You'll also help improve and fix existing features and functionality as needed.
The ideal candidate is forward-thinking and ready to make an outsized impact within a tight, collaborative team. We are looking for someone that is an excellent communicator that is able to work closely with the technical and non-technical members of their team.
The right candidate knows NodeJS and Python, has a good grasp of SQL fundamentals (especially Postgres) and is comfortable with the terminal. We love working with self-motivated people who embrace problem solving and get things done.
What you will do
- Contribute to an extensive JSON API written in Python used by the website as well as native apps.
- Design, build, test, review, and deploy new features
- Planning and executing on OKR oriented sprints
Who you are
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs (use and implementation thereof)
- At least 2 years of React/Redux work experience
- At least 3 years of professional Python experience
- Experience building with at least one Python ORM library, like SQLAlchemy or Django ORM
Bonus skills & experience
- DevOps technologies like AWS, Fabric, Hashistack (Consul, Terraform, Nomad, Vault)
- Other programming languages (Java, Go, Bash, etc)
What we offer
- Great medical, dental, vision insurance options with 90-100% employee premium coverage
- 401k plan + 3% company match
- Stock options
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Mass transit/ridesharing stipend
- Health & wellness reimbursements
- Catered meals and stocked kitchen with coffee, snacks and beverages
- Team adventures and outings
- Weekly insight into all major company metrics
- Up to 12-weeks of paid parental leave
Life at Zumper
Zumper HQ is located in the heart of downtown San Francisco, next door to the iconic Transamerica Building. We have offices in Chicago, New York, Providence, and Scottsdale and are lucky to have 200+ team mates across the US.
We care deeply about diversity. We are fostering an environment that celebrates authenticity and enables you to be your best self. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome all applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, or race. We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other employee benefits (Please contact us to request accommodations.)
We are proud to have won awards from Inc. Magazine (2019 Best Places to Work) and SF Business Times (2020 Best Places to Work and 2019 Bay Area Workplace Wellness Award).
Please note: Zumper does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, including recruitment agencies and/or search firms. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Zumper employees, or any other company location. Any submittals without a prior signed agreement will become property of Zumper.