Manulife / John Hancock: Full Stack Engineer - Research and Development at Manulife / John Hancock (Boston, MA) (Boston, MA)
Posted: Nov 7, 2019
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Manulife/John Hancock is an innovative global financial services company on the move. In support of our mission to help customers realize their financial goals, we’re launching a new R&D team to provide a line of visibility into minimally understood areas of new technology, user segments, and business models – all driven by Human-Centered Design. Our mission is to ensure that the energy and speed of our organization are invested in the right direction.
If you are a full-stack engineer who have a passion for the challenging world of Research & Development, we have a role for you to join us in the adventure!
You will be an integral part of our team, collaborating with a UX Designer to develop white papers, proofs of concepts, and prototypes.
Who you are
- You are driven by an entrepreneurial mindset and don’t wait for permission before trying something new.
- You are eager for constant learning through primary + secondary research, and experimentation through prototyping
- You have working knowledge in Python/Flask
- You are familiar with OOP concepts and design principles/patterns
- You understand the current web standards and you like to learn about upcoming technologies
- You know about Cloud-Native Architecture and Continuous Integration/Deployment as well as about RDMS and non-relational database systems
- You are curious and like to understand customer needs and find out about opportunities in order to prototype and deliver solutions in an agile manner
- You bring authenticity and a strong work ethic to what you do!
What role will I play?
- Conduct both primary and secondary research to discover and understand user needs, and potential areas for exploration
- Rapid prototyping and development to validate initiatives in the marketplace
- Drive forward our innovative technology initiatives and integration
- Working on emerging technologies such as machine learning, quantum computing, augmented / virtual reality, and digital currencies
- Design solutions guided by user experience and using complex datasets
- Act as a copilot, communicate with your team and take initiatives
- Break down complex technical concepts to company partners in an easy-to-understand manner geared towards non-engineers
What we bring
- A bold ambition and set of goals to drive transformation in our industry
- A mission for “Decisions made easier. Lives made better.”
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- Our best. Every day.
- Learn more about us here (https://www.manulife.com/en/careers/why-join-us.html)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.