SemanticBits: Full-stack Java/JEE Engineer at SemanticBits (Woodlawn, MD) (Woodlawn, MD)
Posted: Jun 25, 2019
SemanticBits is looking to hire a talented software developer who can help us build the next generation clinical applications.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, a faster learner and passionate about building good software. He or she has a strong grasp of computer science fundamentals, experience working across different technologies, and the ability to think clearly about problems and choose the right course of action.
What you'll be doing
You will be working in a fast-paced, Agile environment consisting of a multi-disciplinary team of software engineers and experts in the biomedical domain. You will be responsible for designing and implementing critical parts of the clinical systems - from back-end through to the front-end, web-based user interfaces.
- Designing, implementing, and delivering high-quality software, applying industry best practices
- Working effectively with other software engineers, project managers, subject matter experts, and clients
- Mentoring more junior members of the team
- Being a productive member of a fast-paced agile team
Skills & Requirements
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills
- Passion for learning new technologies and the ability to do so quickly
- Ability to write high-quality code efficiently
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or a related field
- At least five (5) years software engineering experience with Java technology
- relational databases - should be very comfortable writing basic SQL and defining relational schemas
- object-oriented design - should be able to use UML effectively and apply design patterns to common problems
- core Java and JVM-based languages (e.g. Groovy)
- object-relational mapping frameworks (e.g. Hibernate)
- dependency injection frameworks (e.g. Spring, Guice)
- MVC web application frameworks (e.g. Struts2, Spring MVC)
- XML - should be familiar with XPath, XSL, and XML Schema
- web services - both SOAP and RESTful
- build automation (e.g. Ant, Maven, Gradle)
- dependency management (e.g. Ivy, Maven, Gradle)
- *nix environments
- Groovy, Java
- Grails, Spring MVC
- JQuery, Twitter Bootstrap
- Ant, Ivy
If you satisfy the above requirements and...
- you are interested in developing software that can help save human lives
- you are interested in working in a team made up of super talented software developers
- you consider your programming skill a craft that you are constantly improving
- you want your contributions to be valued and appreciated always
- you can communicate and
- you are better than 80% of the software developers you have met...
...then please reply to this post with your resume. We will return your inquiry ASAP.