Contemporary Staffing Solutions: Full Stack Mobile/Java Developer (ios/android) at Contemporary Staffing Solutions (Philadelphia, PA) (Philadelphia, PA)
Posted: Mar 8, 2019
CSS Tec is currently seeking a technically proficient and innovative IT professional for a contract Full Stack Mobile Java Developer.
About the role:
We are seeking a front-end software developer with mobile web, UX/UI and preferably Health IT experience to help shape and deliver on the future direction of our product suite. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
· Convert requirements into working software in established timelines
· Work with surgical staff and line managers to produce requirement specifications
· Produce appropriate documentation for software produced
· You will lead the design, development, and maintenance of innovative mobile and web-based solutions to help solve challenging health care needs.
· You will develop, manage, and maintain desktop and mobile solutions. Desktop solutions currently exist that require regular updates to meet new requirements and/or resolve issues/bugs. The solution for mobile devices is in the infancy stage using the latest methodologies.
· Develop and prototype responsive web customer applications for iPad and Android tablet and phones.
· Participate in full application life cycle; concept, design, build, deploy, test, and release.
· Be able to troubleshoot any complex issues during the project and provide solutions to solve them.
· Keep abreast of the current technologies and technological trends and stay up to date on current features in upcoming releases
· Act as technical lead; may lead a team of developers to ensure that the project is successfully completed.
· Supporting and enhancing existing code
· Provide support to production; diagnose and quickly resolve production issues.
· Other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
· Bachelors degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
· 5+ years related working experience
· 3 years of Java-based development, including enterprise/web-based content
· 3-5 years developing and supporting modern web applications, particularly on the client side
· Experience with:
o Building native iOS and/or Android applications (in Obj-C, Swift, Java, and/or Kotlin) including time spent on education or personal projects
o Strong bias for clean, reusable code, testability and automation
o Developing websites for iOS and Android devices
o Mobile Web / Hybrid App and relative frameworks such as Apache Cordova
o Responsive web design approach to web development
o Source control and code versioning tools; Subversion, and Git
o Database scripting, administration, object-oriented design, and SQL
o Developing mobile hybrid applications using any of the platforms like: Ionic, Xamarin, Apache Cordova (Phone Gap), React Native.
o Unix/Linux-based operating systems, including software installation, light administration, and simple scripting
· Familiarity with:
o Asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
o Computer science fundamentals including object-oriented concepts, data structures and related algorithms
o Web application and server concepts
o Wireless mesh networking (ZigBee, Z-Wave, Thread, etc.) Wifi Direct Networking and RPC
o Test-automation frameworks
To be successful in this role, you must have/be:
· Ability to work independently, yet still act as a valuable team player
· Hardworking and goal-oriented
· The ability to think on your feet and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills
· The ability to think creatively and critically, with great attention to detail
· A positive, energetic, persistent and outcomes focused approach to your work
· Strong self-starter with high standards and excellent attention to detail
· Strong time management and prioritization skills; is organized and methodical in his/her approach
· Strong team-player with the ability to work independently
· Continually learning and mastering new skills and responsibilities
· Occasional travel will be required up to 10%
· Ability to work with teams within the organization to fully understand product requirements (Backbend developers, Marketing, Sales, Management).
· In this role, you will collaborate with other mobile, web and embedded systems developers, designers, testers, tech-operators, and business managers.
· You must be able to pick up new languages and technologies quickly, be a strong team player, and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands.
We offer a flexible and enjoyable work environment with passionate and fun people, excellent remuneration according to experience.
If you are looking for a new challenge and a stable career in a growing company, apply now to register your interest in confidence.
- Location Center City, Philadelphia, PA