On Running: Full Stack Ruby on Rails Engineer (f/m/d) at On Running (Zürich, Switzerland) (Zürich, Switzerland)
Posted: Aug 31, 2020
At a Glance:
Our direct to consumer business is performing strongly, which is why we are looking for a Full Stack Engineer to shape the next growth phase of On’s online business.
As an experienced and agile engineer, you will contribute with a growth hacking culture, high tempo testing mantra, and build web applications and digital products for increased performance.
You will be sitting in our headquarter in Zürich. Close collaboration with the digital team in Berlin, as well as with the local teams in Portland (USA), Melbourne (Australia), Sao Paulo (Brazil), and Yokohama (Japan) is given.
As you might expect from a running brand, the E-Commerce team at On is a fast-paced place to be. You will work in a cross-functional team together with a product manager, software engineers, digital designer, and data specialists to build new digital products and meet ambitious targets throughout the purchase funnel. The shared goal? Efficient growth at high speed.
- Maintaining and extending several web applications, which include front end, back end and infrastructure
- Assess, plan and implement digital projects and initiatives
- Help evaluate different technical solutions together with the team and stakeholders
- Supporting further growth by working on the performance and reliability of our system architecture
- You have a deep knowledge of Ruby On Rails
- Automated testing is an important part of your workflow and you are familiar with TDD, Rspec, Capybara
- You have experience with web app deployments in AWS (specifically Elastic Beanstalk and RDS) and are up to speed with the latest DevOps trends (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes ...)
- Knowledge of API design and interaction is desirable (we use VueJS WebApps with GraphQL) as our complete business landscape is built on the cloud.
- E-commerce background, ideally with a shop system like Spree or Solidus is a big plus
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the‘fastest-growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team that is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!