Literati: Full Stack Software Engineer at Literati (Austin, TX) (Austin, TX)
Posted: Apr 16, 2019
You will be an engineer behind a very fast-growing brand, working with our engineering team of 2. Our growing codebase has been carefully built with attention to readability and scalability (we think you'll be pleased with it). We value well-designed code and getting things done right, but most importantly, getting them done. We take both technical debt and deadlines seriously.
Youll need to be able to insert yourself anywhere needed: frontend, backend, everything in between. You wont have to deal with a lot of bureaucracy and approvals to get product decisions made. Youll be sharing an office space with the CEO.
We are investing in new digital experiences all the time, and expanding our offerings within the world of literature. You will be laying the technical foundation for long-term success of the company, while rapidly launching new features and iterations.
As a full-stack dev, youll...
- Work directly with our CTO, CEO, and Creative Director on implementing new features, consumer facing updates, as well as backend tools for our supply chain and inventory.
- Build solutions for appropriate scalability. You're ok building something "hacky" if it fits the need, but can also identify real issues and create well designed, elegant solutions to hard problems.
- Explore how technology can enable our company mission.
Who You Are...
- At this point, on the "specialist" vs "generalist" front, you tend to lean a bit generalist. You have the flexibility to move around the stack, from frontend templating and stylesheets to backend/sysadmin/databases.
- An ideal candidate would be familiar with the following technologies in our stack: Linux systems administration, Ansible, Python, Django, PostgreSQL, React, jsx, ES6, Webpack, scss, Boostrap, jquery, css, html. Mobile app experience is a plus; you might be leading the development of one.
Okay, so maybe you arent familiar with everything above, but youre a fast learner with enough experience to pick up new technologies quickly. You are comfortable communicating with everyone. You can handle not only technical conversations with our lead developer, but can turn right around and answer a legal question, jam on a new feature with our CEO, launch a last minute update for the marketing team, or sit down with a warehouse worker and talk about ways to make their life a little easier. You are up for a challenge. You derive joy from hard, but meaningful work. You enjoy getting into the flow. You are humble, with a good sense of humor and lot of camaraderie.