Arm: Full-Stack Web Developer at Arm (Cambridge, UK) (Cambridge, UK)
Posted: Dec 3, 2019
Full-Stack Web Developer
In Arm IT we are hiring hardworking and creative full-stack web developers to build and support our new customer focused applications and web components platforms.
As a full-stack web developer, you will work closely with our solutions architects to develop systems that drive value for our business and our customers through simplification and automation. You'll enjoy working in a small, all-star motivated agile team, and will be comfortable working with non-technical product owners to take their features from the backlog to delivery.
In return, you can expect a competitive package including annual bonus plan, sabbatical, and flexible working.
- Design, implement and support highly scalable front-end applications and backend systems or web services
- Assemble, distil and translate highly complex visual designs and business needs into clean, usable and understandable solutions
- Contribute to defining and setting optimal standards and patterns
- Understand and articulate the team's perspective
- Emphasis on automation, automation, automation
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience of C# and .net
- Strong and validated experience of front-end technologies including: React JS (ideally with Redux and Webpack), HTML 5, CSS3, ES6+ or Typescript
- Solid experience of API development, integration, cloud (preferably Azure) and server-side technologies
- Be able to build tested code, which operates within our CI / CD pipeline (Git / GitFlow, Jenkins, Selenium, JMeter / Blaze Meter/ Team City/ Octopus)
- A solid grasp of coding standards and guidelines for various languages and a desire to craft beautiful code
- An understanding of the key principles of software design patterns
- An ability to translate user-centric design requirements (e.g. wireframes, mockups, and requirements documents) into technical implementations for projects
- At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We, not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.