Full Time: Android Application Development: Software Engineer at Snapfish in Fort Collins
Posted: Nov 8, 2018
Software Engineer: Android Application Development
We are looking for a well-rounded Android engineer to join our team and help build an experience that allow millions of customers every day to share & transform their cherished photographs into products.
The candidate must have a deep interest in Java & Android development, a solid theoretical foundation in computer science, a broad knowledge of algorithms, data structures & concurrency. The successful candidate will advance our Android expertise by designing, implementing and testing mobile applications for the online photo merchandising market.
While collaboration and being a team player is a key to success in this role, the bulk of the time will be spent autonomously developing applications. There will be an emphasis on apps that recreate existing web experiences.
What you will do:
- Build a cutting edge photo app that brings the joy of photographs to millions of users
- Collaborate with the Product Manager, Designers, Engineers & QA
- Write clean and maintainable code
- Implement unit and integration tests
- Be an active participant in estimating, planning, executing and monitoring quality of the project.
- Advocate for best practices in Android programming,
- Become a valued member of a distributed team
Who you are:
- 2-5 years of total development experience.
- 1-3 years of native UI development experience (iOS, Windows or Android) highly preferred.
- Having shipped an Android app on Google Play is a big plus.
- Mastery of object oriented programming & design patterns.
- Knowledge of core areas of programming such as memory management, asynchronous programming
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn the existing system quickly and with little top down management
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
Location: Fort Collins, CO