Full Time: Junior Software Engineer at SelfStorageAuction.com in Phoenix
Posted: Sep 13, 2017
Junior Software Engineer
Like Storage Wars? Like eBay? Come join the fastest growing online storage auction platform!
Want to be a part of the team reinventing the storage auction industry? We have a great opportunity for the right team member. Are you up for the challenge? Interested in a fast-paced team with great growth potential? If so read on...
About Us: SelfStorageAuction.com is a leading storage auction platform. We work closely with self-storage facilities across North America to auction self-storage lien units. Auction Bidders use our solution to bid on and win auctions, Auctioneers and Private Sellers post and re-sell units as well. We are looking for an experienced sales pro to grow with our company. Experience in the storage industry a plus.
Please NOTE: This is NOT a remote/flex job opportunity. The position is based at our headquarters Phoenix, AZ.
Position: Junior Software Engineer
- Develop high-volume, high-performance, service-oriented applications using CF Lucee framework
- Develop responsive html/css driven sites and pages.
- Write concise yet comprehensive technical documentation.
- Liaise with the product manager and technical lead to explore and suggest appropriate technical solutions to achieve the required product features as well as monitoring technical progress against plans while safeguarding functionality, scalability, and performance.
- Work with system administrators and leadership to deliver fast, dynamic web propositions.
- Work with other web-app developers to resolve issues and improve the stability of systems.
- Work with all relevant parties on the deployment of services to the live site and all intermediate hosting environments.
- Responsible for work quality, ensuring it meets the technical standards for all online output.
- Monitor work against the production schedule closely and provide progress updates and report any issues or technical difficulties to the senior developers on a regular basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Object-oriented design and development, relational database systems, high-performance systems.
- Understanding of fundamental software engineering concepts e.g. MVC.
- Experience of delivering to deadlines.
- Experience of building or using RESTful interfaces.
- Experience interfacing with multiple web services, feeds, and APIs.
- Experience of working with code repositories (e.g.: SVN, GIT).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience/training.
What we offer full-time employees
- Base pay (salary) plus commission
- Healthcare coverage
- Great Work Environment
- PTO Paid Time Off / Vacation
- Unlimited Growth Opportunity