Full Time: Urban Mobility Startup seeks DevOps Engineer (f/m) at moovel Group GmbH in Berlin
Posted: Sep 14, 2018
we are Ben, Andi and Jan from the DevOps team. Our job is to help the squads at moovel deploy and operate their services effectively on AWS as well as acting as a centre of cloud expertise. We are looking for an additional DevOps Engineer to help to grow our MaaS platform.
FIRST A QUICK LOOK AT US
The field of mobility is evolving rapidly – fundamentals are being questioned, new ways of moving around are emerging to challenge established ones. We at moovel intend to help shape this evolution, not through “disruption” but in partnership with city administrations and mobility service providers, harnessing their operational excellence and our technology. The pursuit of our goal to help cities become smarter requires engagement in many exciting areas of research and development including routing, search, AI, innovative UX and much more!
SOME OF THE THINGS YOU WILL DO
- Help our squads to select the best tools for deploying and operating their services (squads are autonomous but tend to listen to our advice).
- Evaluate new technologies and give recommendations on their usage.
- Build custom tooling to enhance the existing infrastructure solutions based on AWS Hi, we are Ben, Andi and Jan from the DevOps team. Our job is to help the squads at moovel deploy and operate their services effectively on AWS as well as acting as a centre of cloud expertise. We are looking for an additional DevOps Engineer to help to grow our MaaS platform.
- Operate a set of core services that other squads depend upon such as our CI/CD infrastructure.
- Maintain a set of reference infrastructure as code templates for AWS that espouse best practices.
- You are experienced with AWS or another major cloud provider such as GCP or Azure.
- You believe in the benefits of infrastructure as code and master a tool, such as AWS CloudFormation or Terraform.
- You are fluent with Docker and familiar with container orchestration tools such as Docker Swarm, Amazon ECS and Kubernetes.
- You know and use the Unix/Linux toolbelt on a daily basis.
- You love to automate things! Experience with one or more of Python, Java/Kotlin/Scala, Node.js/TypeScript would be great, but the ability to write well structured code using best practice software development methodologies plus a willingness to learn is more important.
- You have experience using monitoring and performance measuring tools like New Relic and Kibana to help resolve production issues.
- You take pride in helping others to find the best solution for their infrastructure challenges in a complex, cloud-based microservice architecture.
- You can communicate fluently in English, both written and verbal.
- Choose your own hardware
- Working with newest technologies & microservices
- Company pension plan
- Free breakfast, coffee & water
- Mobility allowance
- Be part of an interdisciplinary team of experts
- Working on products with a high impact on society
- International teams
- Child care allowance
- Flexible working hours
Are you ready to take on that position? Then we are looking forward to meet you soon! Just send us your application by clicking the link!.
Ben, Andi, and Jan
If you have any questions or are in need for further information feel free to contact
Janosch Fingerhut +49 30 549073811