Full Time: web services specialist at American Political Science Association in washington, dc
Posted: Jul 11, 2018
The American Political Science Association (APSA) seeks a Web Services Specialist to support APSA’s various web initiatives, Association Management System (AMS), and general communications and marketing efforts. APSA is seeking a high-energy team player with initiative, a strong work ethic, ability to easily collaborate different departments, and demonstrated capacity to work closely with the diverse international APSA membership. This person should have proven experience in WordPress and be familiar with content management systems generally. Opensource/backend development a plus.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the continual improvement of the APSA website(s).
- incorporating a content management system;
- Assist in managing the site’s modification, expansion, and improvement in alignment with APSA communications and membership development strategies
- Ensuring that the website is accurate, timely, complete, and reflects best practice in terms of structure, navigation, design, and content presentation.
- Serve as a resource for staff assigned to web content editing duties. Train content contributors on use of content management system, and generate task-specific documentation on web applications and CMS.
- Produce analytics reports around websites and social channels.
- Serve as a technical support to staff and members and provide training as needed.
- Provide Association Management System support to staff and members.
- Develop and execute regular and ad hoc reports and queries for staff and members as needed.
- Adobe Creative Suite and video/photography work a plus.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree required; computer science, technology, web, communications, marketing similar degree preferred but not required.
ABOUT APSA The APSA is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit educational association that serves a membership base of 12,000 in over 80 countries. With a range of programs and services for individuals, departments and institutions, APSA brings together political scientists from all fields of inquiry, regions and occupational endeavors within and outside academe in order to expand awareness and understanding of politics. To learn more about APSA, please visit www.apsanet.org. APSA offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. APSA has a Metro-accessible location in Dupont Circle in Washington, DC, with a full-time staff of 28. APSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category.
HOW TO APPLY To be considered, submit a resume with cover letter indicating how your experience and skills align with the position, as PDF attachments, by email to APSA at [email protected] Be sure to include web services specialist in the subject line.