VillageLuxe: Full stack Developer (Brooklyn, NY)
Posted: Nov 16, 2017
VillageLuxe is a peer-to-peer rental site which Forbes dubbed the "Airbnb of high end fashion." We are an invite-only, premiere luxury fashion marketplace with nearly 20,000 on the wait-list. The next disruptor in the shared economy, VillageLuxe has over $10M of luxury goods listed to rent from the most coveted global fashion brands like Chanel, Celine, Saint Laurent, and more. Founded by former venture capitalist and Harvard graduate, Julia Gudish Krieger, VillageLuxe was most recently recognized by "Forbes 30 under 30" for the Class of 2017.
Our W Mag Feature:
Villageluxe.com - Please use invite code HR2017 for site access. Note: A complete tech overhaul and branding/UX release is set to launch Dec 2017.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are a small team preparing for rapid growth and we’re looking for developers who are excited to join a small, early stage team and get their hands dirty on all parts of our stack and development lifecycle.
- Self-directed and motivated, but enjoys pairing/collaborating
- Knows the “boy scout rule”, leaving things better than you found them
- 3-5 years developing full stack web applications
- 2+ years using Ruby on Rails- 2+ years using EmberJS or 1 year with 1+ year using a related framework (Angular 2.0, React + routing + data mgmt)
- Experience in a CI/CD environment as well as testing experience using Mocha (JS), RSpec (Rails) or similar
Most importantly, we want you to enjoy and take pride in your work. You will have the autonomy and responsibility to make a big impact in a fast-changing industry.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume, a cover letter explaining why you are interested in working with us, and two references to [email protected]