Zalando SE: Fullstack Engineer - Search Quality at Zalando SE (Berlin, Germany) (Berlin, Germany)
Posted: Apr 15, 2019
ABOUT THE TEAM
Reports to: Search Quality Lead
Team Size: 10 - 15
Recruiter Name, Email: Katarzyna Nowicka
As an engineer in the Search Quality team, you develop next-generation tooling to identify problems in Zalando’s Full-Text Search. You will be acting in a cross-functional team of engineers, analysts and search quality specialists.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Develop, deploy and improve important search quality measuring tools, that your peers praise for its elegance and code readability
- Own the whole development cycle - from architecture design to implementation and testing as well as maintenance of the solutions
- Integrate front-ends with back-ends and data sources
- Contribute to the delivery of end-to-end solutions that include data- and machine learning pipeline
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Flexibility to work across architectures - developing both frontend and backend
- Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues, share your knowledge and be curious to find solutions to complex problems
- Strong knowledge of JVM based technologies, particularly Kotlin; Big Query, Python and other data engineering skills are a plus
- Experience in working with and building ETL processes and knowledge in information retrieval systems in e-commerce are a plus. Experience with services leveraging ML or ambitions to grow in the world of AI
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.