OPIE Software: FullStack Software Developer
Posted: Feb 13, 2019
Job Title: Full-Stack Software Developer
Supervisor: Director of Software Development
Organization: Software Development
Position Terms: Full-Time. Average 40 hours a week. Nights and weekends as needed.
Travel Requirement: Onsite; Minimal for training
Experience Required: 5 – 10 years professional software development experience
As part of a high performing agile team, your job is to help build OPIEAnywhere SaaS platform. There is a lot that goes into this:
1. Top to bottom design: UI/UX, Database, API, Architecture
2. Top to bottom development: Front-end (50%), back-end(50%)
3. Testing: Manual, Unit, Integration, Functional
You aren’t alone. You’ll use scrum, and Agile practices. You’ll follow the team rules. In part, this means that you have to write high quality code that’s for the team and not just for you. It also means that you need to work well with your teammates: Compromise and challenge where appropriate.
You were hired because of the value that you will bring tomorrow. We will help you get there. We’ll meet at least quarterly to review your progress and help provide guidance, resources, and mutual accountability to help you achieve them.
1. Deliver Awesome Software:
o Design, develop and maintain high quality code
o Participate in cross functional projects
o Efficiently communicate/collaborate internally within and across teams
o Keep abreast of new technologies
o Proactively identify and resolve key tech issues.
o Learn the software. Learn the UI patterns. Learn the problems. Make good design decision. Double check with your team, PO, support, SMEs, and customers as needed.
o Automate Your Tests – Write unit, integration, functional tests. Write code so a robot can test it.
o Pair Up – Two heads are often better than one. Really. Don’t be shy. It’s your job!
o Document Appropriately - per the rules of the team.
2. Fully Participate in Agile Methodologies:
o Daily Standups – Bring your daily commitments. Bring your impediments. Help the team hit the forecast.
o Retrospectives - Bring the honesty from your heart to the team. The team can’t grow if it can’t talk about the truth.
o Planning – Make a plan to win.
o Demos – Demo per the team rules.
o Problem Domain: We are here to solve real world problems. Go understand them.
o Technology Domain: Our technology stack is broad and deep. Learn more of it.
o Organizational Systems: We have a set of practice and process for creating value. Master them.
o Soft Skills: Working with people is a different kind of hard. Understand yourself. Understand others. Learn how to serve. Learn how to lead.
· Software Development: Unit/Integration testing platforms, CI with GIT, WebAPI
· Minimum 3 years experience with C# building restful APIs for SaaS or Cloud business applications.
· Minimum 1 year experience with React.JS for SaaS or Cloud business applications.
· Bonus: Experience with test automation frameworks
· Preferred: BA/BS in computer science or related field;
· Good communication, presentation skills and ability to work well in a team
· Agile Software Methodologies: Scrum, Pair Programming, Shared Code Ownership
· Passion, Grit, Team Spirit