Varen Technologies: Fully Cleared Java Software Developer Opportunity at Varen Technologies (Columbia, MD) (Columbia, MD)
Posted: Dec 6, 2018
Enjoy working with some of the best and brightest. Encounter new challenges and opportunities to diversify and expand your skills. Contribute to something greater than yourself to make a real impact in a meaningful mission organization. We work hard for our mission and are compensated accordingly.
We are seeking talented, mission oriented, driven individuals to be a part of a successful team to build and improve powerful tools which greatly increase our customers' success. We are looking for problem solvers who thrive while working in a collaborative environment
This Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
- Three (3) years experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- BS Degree or Four (4) years of additional SWE may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Works individually or as part of a team.
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
Skills & Requirements
Clearance Requirements: Top Secret/SCI with polygraph & US Citizenship Required (or ability to gain clearance)
- Middle-ware Experience such as; Java, Tomcat, JBoss, JMS, REST Services
- Repository Experience such as; Elasticsearch, Redis, MySql, Accumulo, Hadoop (MR, HDFS), Zoo Keeper, MongoDB