Furniture/ Product Designer
Posted: Jan 5, 2022
Interlude Home, an iconic contemporary home collection, designs exclusive furniture and home décor inspired by fashion. With showrooms in NYC, Miami, Los Angeles and High Point, NC we continue to expand our footprint and attract superior talent.
Tremendous business growth has created a need for an additional creative team member interested in learning more about the Home Décor and Furniture Industry. The designer will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of the product development process, including brainstorming new ideas, color, trend/ product research, as well as the drawing of conceptual design packages for execution. This is a hands-on opportunity to see product development from inception of ideas through product launch in action.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to design luxury furniture and accessories, meet skilled, global artisans and manufacturers and build relationships within the industry every day as you...
- Learn about overseas manufacturing, design capabilities, materials and finishes by country of origin.
- Work strategically to expand Interlude Home's product offerings, identifying opportunities based on sales, customer needs and trends.
- Develop and maintain product and design knowledge and industry awareness.
- Facilitate the Interlude Home client experience and become an expert on educating clients on each product's story and details.
- Assist in production of marketing and sales materials as needed.
Does this sound like you?
Experience and Skills we are looking for:
- 2-4 years experience in industrial design, interior design or architecture.
- Experience creating comprehensive drawing and specification packages for production.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external parties both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to problem solve and understand/ explain product features, materials and finishes.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and AutoCAD or similar drafting program required.
- A desire to explore and learn more about design and global manufacturing techniques and materials.
Please send cover letter explaining why you're the right candidate along with resume, digital portfolio (files not to exceed 5 MB) and/ or website link exhibiting your interests and skills to: [email protected]
A career with Interlude Home means being part of a team dedicated to creating fashion forward luxury design, striving to be an industry leader in all aspects of our business. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match. This is an office-based position with Covid safety protocols in place.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.