iTech Solutions, Inc.: GitHub Admin, Design Expert and Developer at iTech Solutions, Inc. (Bloomfield, CT) (Bloomfield, CT)
Posted: Aug 13, 2019
Ops Operations GitHub Admin, Design Expert and Developer Sr Consultant
Can be REMOTE
- Experience in GitHub Administration and customer use of its SAAS offering. On prem offering is a nice to have.
- Leverage Cloud (private or public) where possible (provision, de-provision hardware) to ensure that hardware utilization is optimized
- Work with DevOps Architects to design test and production environments for highly integrated CI/CD tools
- Design and develop automated processes/scripts to maintain, upgrade, test, monitor CI/CD DevOps pipelines for Java, TFS and mainframe (GitHub SAAS, Jenkins, dDeploy, TFS, Artifactory, Agile tools)
- Expert in design, implementation and support of efforts to utilize containers and automate operation processes
- Provide operations engineering for the DevOps tool chain
- Enable development teams to leverage the build and release tool chain
- Implement self-serve and automation of customer service requests where possible
- Design and implement processes that detect and remedy capacity limits before customers experience response time issues with any of the pipeline tools
- Implement automation of software upgrade in test and production along with automation of smoke tests and regression tests to validate upgrades
- Support CI/CD strategy with stakeholders across various development, operations and quality teams
- Self-starter that takes initiative to solve problems and learn quickly to fill knowledge gaps
- In-depth working knowledge of GitHub integration points within CI/CD pipelines and best practices in the administration and use of CI/CD and monitoring tools (Splunk, Nagios, TeamQuest, ARX, and APM)
- Administrative knowledge of Linux/Unix environments including being able to install, tune and configure applications
- Works with operations teams to drive value and progress to identify performance bottlenecks through the use of benchmarking, profiling and monitoring tools
- Experienced in scaleable and resilent architectures
- Subject matter expert in one or more technologies/platforms or highly specialized area(s), and working knowledge of other related domains
- Excellent analytic trouble shooting skills and data driven testing techniques
- Provides technical thought leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of information technologies which assist the functional business units in meeting their strategic objectives
- Hands experience with performance engineering/testing
- Can adapt to frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Solid understanding of resiliency engineering and the concept of fault management and application performance management
- Has strong focus on customer/business outcomes and is focused on results
For more information please contact Janice DiCicco at 860-979-0912 or [email protected]
Since 1995, iTech Solutions Inc., has been providing IT Consulting and Direct Hire Services to the Insurance, Financial, Communications, Manufacturing and Government sectors with local offices in Connecticut, Minnesota, Colorado, Massachusetts, Tennessee, North Carolina, and New Jersey / Pennsylvania area.
Our recruiting strategy is simple, if you want to find qualified IT professionals then use IT professionals to find them. So at iTech Solutions, our personnel are all career IT professionals with a wide range of IT experience. We can honestly say our staff understands the technologies, the complexities of finding and selecting the appropriate personnel and the pressures of running successful IT projects.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for any employment visas, at hiring or in the future, including but not limited to H-1B visas. Corp-to-Corp or subcontract personnel will not be considered for this position.