Ceres: Graphic Design Associate, Communications and Marketing (Boston)
Posted: Dec 23, 2020
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
Ceres is hiring an Associate graphic designer to join the Communications and Marketing team. This role works closely with the senior marketing manager as well as various communications, programmatic and development staff members to create compelling, branded content and marketing pieces to support the various programs, initiatives and campaigns for the organization. This person will also help create internal presentations and other collateral to support staff-wide internal communications and projects. This role reports to the graphic design Manager.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support the design and development of Ceres reports by assisting the graphic design manager to populate report design templates with content and hyperlinks.
- Support the design of Ceres signature events by assisting the graphic design manager to create platform specific versions of event designs for social media, website, email and other platforms.
- Conduct photo research at the direction of the graphic design manager for reports, website social and other products and platforms.
- Support staff in updating and preparing pitch decks and slides for funders, board, network engagements, digital events and other meetings.
- Work with vendors and marketing team to produce on-site marketing materials for in-person events as needed.
- Create and maintain a suite of one-pagers, fact sheets, briefs and other programmatic materials.
- Create original graphics for the Ceres website, annual report, social media and videos.
- Update Ceres brand guidelines as needed, working with the graphic design manager, senior marketing manager and digital director.
- Create original digital and print collateral to support development activities as needed (thank you cards, funder proposals, donor postcards, etc.).
- Design internal and external organizational materials, including Ceres internal annual report, letterhead, contracts, invoices, etc.
- Maintain organization of Ceres creative assets files, including logos, photos, charts/graphs, icons, templates and other files, to ensure that they are current, easy to find and usable by staff across the organization.
- At minimum, 2 years of work experience, in an office or professional setting, required.
- A strong background in graphic design required. Illustration and photography experience a plus.
- Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize projects. Proven track record of successfully completing projects on time.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud software such as InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator is required. Good familiarity with PowerPoint, Google docs as well as photo research experience, a plus.
- Background in data visualization, a plus.
- Familiarity with print production, a plus.
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, strong interpersonal skills, proven ability to demonstrate initiative and motivation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills necessary.
- Strong attention to detail and good follow-through on projects and communication.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, growth-oriented organization, a plus.
- Desire to work in a mission-driven, non-profit organization, a plus.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Please submit a resume, a cover letter, a link to your portfolio in your cover letter or resume, and a list of three references.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.