Ceres: Graphic Design Senior Associate, Communications and Marketing (Boston)
Posted: Apr 5, 2019
Graphic Design Senior Associate, Communications and Marketing
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
Ceres is seeking a creative and talented graphic designer to design the organization’s many digital and printed materials. Based in Ceres’ Boston office, the Graphic Design, Senior Associate will work closely with staff across the organization to produce high quality reports, toolkits, internal and external presentations, digital advertisements and infographics, as well as brochures and other marketing materials that are consistent with Ceres’ style guidelines and elevate the organization’s brand identity.
This new position is embedded in the Communications and Marketing team and will report to the Senior Marketing Manager. This position will work collaboratively with the Development team and various programmatic and other teams to produce high-quality print and digital products for both internal and external audiences. This position requires someone who can visualize complex data and technical content and translate that data into easy-to-read visuals that complement the content. This is an exciting opportunity for an emerging graphic designer to build and hone their creative skills while improving and elevating the brand identity of one of the leading sustainability nonprofits in the country.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Under the direction of the Senior Marketing Manager:
- Design all organizational reports, toolkits, white papers and other resources for our investor, corporate and policy audiences
- Design and update printed and digital materials including: brochures, one-pagers, event invitations, presentations and slideshows, and more to support individual and foundation fundraising efforts
- Create organization-wide branded templates and presentations for both internal and external audiences
- Create digital advertisements, infographics, graphs and charts and other collateral for website, social and email communications and marketing purposes
- Create charts, graphs and other data-rich visualizations to embed in reports, blogs, press releases, presentations and other uses
- Collaborate with Senior Marketing Manager to update and evolve Ceres logo and brand standards as needed
- Ensure that staff are using approved templates and adhering to Ceres logo and brand guidelines when creating and delivering presentations, content and other materials
- Stay on top of design trends and technologies to keep Ceres look and feel modern and cutting edge
- Support Senior Marketing Manager or senior team staff on other projects as needed
Experience and Skills Requirements
- Associate or Bachelor degree preferred, OR 7 years of experience where graphic design skills were developed.
- 4-5 years relevant graphic design work experience, in addition to college degree.
- Deep knowledge of design software including Adobe Creative Suites, (i.e. InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong design and product development skills.
- Ability to translate highly technical information into easy-to-understand and engaging visualizations, graphs and charts.
- Familiarity and experience working with brand guidelines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at the same time, as well as flexibility and shift from one project to another quickly.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Uses an equity and inclusion lens when designing materials to engage a diverse audience.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workload in a fast-paced, ever-changing work setting.
- Previous marketing and branding experience, a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team and also comfortable working individually.
- Desire to work at a mission-driven organization, preferred.
- Interest in and knowledge of environmental/sustainability issues, preferred.
- Previous experience working in an office environment, a plus.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying, please submit a resume, cover letter (including an attached link to your portfolio in your cover letter), and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed on our webpage.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.