Big Ass Fans: Graphic Designer (Lexington, KY)
Posted: Nov 7, 2018
As we prepare for an exciting 2019, we’re looking for an experienced Graphic Designer as unique as our company to be at the heart of the brand identity of Big Ass Fans’ marketing efforts, taking responsibility for the visual identity of our brand within worldwide markets and across multiple channels.
Working with the in-house marketing team and managers in other departments, the Graphic Designer will be responsible for translating key messages and vision into high-quality design, maintaining a consistent visual voice across all channels and vertical segments.
The ideal candidate will have a vetted history and understanding of core design best practice, including a firm grasp of design context within the requested medium. He or she will have a solid understanding of working within an agency model, and the capability to clearly return accurate scopes on requested work in a timely manner. Our Graphic Designer will be capable in speaking to the “bigger picture” of marketing collateral that ensures consistent, clean, and easily consumed marketing collateral. Further, this candidate will have a equally strong command of modern digital collateral requirements, with an understanding of the needs for channels such as websites, digital advertising and email.
- Collaborate with leaders across the business to conceive and execute creative design solutions, moving projects from brief through concept and final execution.
- Present concepts and rough drafts to leaders and project managers.
- Develop attractive and compelling graphic solutions for targeted marketing materials in various mediums.
- Ensure that concepts and designs adhere to original design brief specifications, and are consistent with project objectives and brand standards.
- Spec and release high-quality artwork for production.
- Maintain technical knowledge of best practices related to color, typography, illustration, photography, animation and various print and layout techniques.
- BA or BFA in Graphic Design
- 5+ years of creative agency or in-house marketing department experience, preferably with consumer brands
- Experience in both print and electronic design
- Print production experience, both digital and offset
- Ability to communicate effectively visually, verbally and written
- Proven ability to produce quality work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, problem-solving, team-collaborating environment
- Experience in directing photographers
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Excellent time-management skills – must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, including tight deadlines
- Strategic thinking and excellent judgement
Why live life Big Ass?
You want benefits? We’ve got your health insurance, life insurance, 401(k) and more. You want Big Ass Benefits? Join us in the cantina for a catered lunch followed by a game of Ping-Pong. Did we break another record today? Let’s open the beer fridge and make plans to meet this weekend at the company sponsored social outing.
Why haven’t you applied yet?
Big Ass Fans is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Big Ass Fans maintains an environment where each individual is valued and respected. Individuals are expected to understand and comply with OSHA and ISO 9001 standards and procedures. Individuals are expected to apply safe work methods when performing the job requirements in hazardous and non-hazardous environments to avoid injury to self to co-workers or damage to property. Individuals are expected to report unsafe work conditions or equipment operation to supervisors immediately and observe all safety rules.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at [email protected] or call us at 1.877.244.3267.