Posted: Apr 20, 2021
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(Other duties as assigned):
- Works alongside team in bringing to life client stories, messaging and product value propositions through visual and animated presentation.
- Develops creative concepts to be reproduced in a variety of formats (print and digital) by understanding goals and connecting with target market.
- Create original, entertaining animations for client projects, social media and more.
- Uses visual design and creative problem solving to resolve a variety of client challenges.
- Ability to illustrate and animate emotive graphics, characters and storylines while adapting to a variety of visual brands.
- Searches for and evaluates creative merits of photography, typography, and other creative assets, including those created in-house and from stock sites.
- Ability to pick up and work off of an already established brand.
- Ability to rework a campaign across multiple tactics with grace.
- Presents concepts and designs internally and to clients.
- Ability to develop and explain rational for their visual, audio, and motion decisions to team and client.
- Incorporates changes required by clients into projects.
- Ability to receive and give art direction and critique.
- Proofs work for accuracy, standards, and best practices.
- Continues education on current design and animation trends and technological applications through attending workshops, reviewing profession publications, and participating in professional societies.
- Ability to prepare files for print/prepress and digital use.
- Works nonstandard hours when necessary, anticipates issues, and communicates with diplomacy.
- Works in highly time-managed environment with quick turn around and constant deadlines.
- Is comfortable working in an environment in which coworkers and clients operate in various time zones.
- Is willing to undertake occasional domestic travel.
Cultivates Pivot's Values:
- Approaches problems with a "Can-Do" attitude
- Gives and receives quality feedback in the moment
- Pursues understanding and asks clarifying questions
- Produces tangible results
- Impresses peers and clients through service and surprise
- Values people by showing genuine concern
- Takes chances, encourages curiosity, hones craft
There are no supervisory responsibilities with this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
4-5 years agency experience.
Bachelor's Degree in Design preferred (experience in lieu of degree will be considered)
- Can express design rationale in verbal and written contexts that justify use of color, type, photography, and other graphic elements.
- Gives and receives critique over design review channel or in-person conversations?including brand ambassadors and/or senior designer.
- Communicates proactively/consistently with traffic manager on availability and workload.
- Looks out for consistency issues and process improvements within team workflow and project management.
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Must be flexible, detail-oriented, deadline driven and a good collaborator
- Communicates well with coworkers in person and online.
- Must have excellent skills in:
- After Effects
- Cinema 4D
- Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
Other Skills & Abilities
- Proficient ability to apply and perform graphic design skills, including drawing/sketching, character development, illustration, typography, ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing, scale, visual presentation development, and layout that is supported by a portfolio.
- Strong at concept & storyboard design.
- Strong understanding of the value of good motion theory.
- Breathe life into character and UI designs.
- Demonstrate mastery of the principles of animation.
- Experience in HTML 5 Ad creation / Digital Marketing Animation.
Ability to prioritize assignments and work successfully in a deadline-driven environment.
Willingness to travel (5-10%).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Reports To: Senior Design Lead
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full Time
Prepared By: Rachel Getsinger
Prepared Date: 4/8/2021