Graphic designer / Product designer
Posted: Sep 22, 2020
Thirstystone Resources is a leading provider of giftware, tabletop and other products used in the home. We are seeking a Mid to Senior level Designer to join our team. If you have an eye for housewares fashion and thrive working on a wide range of products, then you might be the person we're looking for.
As a Thirstystone Designer you will work directly with our product development specialists, upper management, and take direction from our Design Director on relevant projects. You will have your finger on the pulse of housewares trends and translate this into your work. You'll ideate new product designs, produce eye-catching catalogs, and packaging concepts.
- You have superb sense of style.
- You're an exceptional artist in addition to being a designer
- You have keen ability to juggle multiple projects under tight deadlines
- You have excellent hand sketching, visual and verbal communication skills
- You have a mind for materials and processes and can find a compromise between design and manufacturability.
- You live in the Dallas area or are willing to relocate for this full-time position.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WOULD INCLUDE
- Working independently or collaboratively to generate new product ideas and carry them through to production
- Creating final product illustrations that clearly communicate the design's intent
- Providing direction and guidance to Photographer and Graphic Artists on staff
- Overseeing Photography retouching, color correction and manipulation
- Working with die lines as well as creating custom packaging during product development
- Modify and revise existing designs to meet customer expectations
- Stay up to date on current industry trends and market conditions
- Occasional travel to attend trade shows and/or design meetings
- Bachelor of Science degree in Design from an accredited 4 year college or university.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, along with knowledge of 3D design software a plus (Autodesk Fusion 360 and or Blender)
- Strong sense of graphic design and Typography
- High level of understanding of offset print production and ability to work with printing vendors and press proofs
- Experience in photography retouching, color correction and manipulation
- Experience with packaging design and production, die lines, creating custom packaging, produce print ready files for die cutting and printing vendors
- Proficient in design and layout of multi-page product catalogs
- Ability to manage deadlines working on multiple projects.
- Innovative attitude.
We offer competitive wages (compensation commiserate with experience). 401K, medical/dental/vision coverage, vacation, and holidays.
Please email resume and portfolio to [email protected]