Graphic Designer - Senior
Posted: Mar 24, 2021
Gensler's San Francisco office is seeking a Senior Graphic Designer, with a passion for helping our clients enhance their brand and business performance through design, communicating their stories experientially via the multiple channels available in today's diverse media landscape. This position will focus on the ability to understand a client's brand and build an expression of that brand through graphic design, environments, and technology. Our Senior Graphic Designer must be an inspiring mentor with the ability to support team growth.
What You Will Do
Our Senior Graphic Designer must have stellar conceptual and hands-on design experience and show a portfolio of work that is compelling and highly creative. You must love to generate new ideas, be passionate about design, get excited about being a part of diverse projects and thrive off of collaboration with creative leaders from the disciplines of research, strategy, user experience, design, content, and creative technology. You must be a passionate self-starter who will take the lead on design, managing your time across multiple projects as well as leading and growing a small team. Our ideal candidate will also have strong technical skills from design development through documentation and coordination. Design solutions will have a strong emphasis on integrating concepts into built environments. You will coordinate between multiple internal projects teams and clients, including working seamlessly with remote teams within our Northwest region.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, environmental graphic design, information design, communication design or similar
- 8+ years of experience after graduation in a related field
- Strong illustration, typography, composition and information design skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Works well in an interdisciplinary, fast-paced environment
- Ability to visualize ideas in two and three dimensions
- Direct experience with the development and implementation of brand experiences, especially as translated to built environments
- Excellent presentation skills with direct experience presenting to clients
- Able to collaborate with design teams from business development presentations through strategy, design and delivery
- Experience leading a project from concept to implementation, managing consultants and leading teams
- Working knowledge of print production and fabrication, vendor management, signage and wayfinding systems
- Highly Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator with CAD tools, Photoshop), Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work in 3D modeling programs such as SketchUp, Revit, or Adobe Dimension is a strong advantage
- Working knowledge of motion graphics software, digital video editing, or other skills related to designing for and creating dynamic content a plus?
For consideration you must submit a portfolio link or PDF with concept designs, sketches and samples of process work in addition to finished design
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to "Well-being Week," our offices reflect our people's diverse interests. We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life.
Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm's commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the bases of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. Applicants will be considered regardless of their sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition (associated with cancer, a history of cancer, or genetic characteristics), HIV/AIDS status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, or other protected category under the law. We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability you may contact us here. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues.