Posted: Jul 10, 2020
PARTISANS is an award-winning Toronto-based architecture studio that specializes in making the improbable possible, at all scales and project types. Our strategic decision to forgo programmatic or typological specialization comes from the importance that we place on both innovation and partnerships. We are a diverse and nimble team of architects, artists, storytellers, entrepreneurs, and cultural enthusiasts devoted to a cause: smart, high-impact architecture combined with deft programming that subverts expectations and creates meaningful built experiences.
We're currently looking for a graphic designer to join us. The main responsibilities of this position are:
- Lead the design, editing, and production coordination of our publications. We produce a lot of publications, including books, pamphlets, newsprints, project-specific booklets, portfolios, instruction manuals, presentation boards, and RFP & competition responses, to name a few. Many of these publications are produced on tight timelines.
- Develop internal graphic standards for our publications.
- Maintain our marketing material by keeping portfolios and CVs up-to-date.
The ideal candidate is highly creative, has strong design sensibilities, is exceptionally organized, able to organize vast quantities of information, ideas, and media has excellent technical capabilities, as well as a flexible mentality. Candidates should be team-spirited, open-minded, inspirational to others, organized and efficient in their workflows.
- Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, InCopy, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Exceptional communication skills and strong English language writing abilities
- Experience developing graphic standards
- Experience developing publications (ie. books, newsprints, pamphlets, project-specific booklets etc...), including design, editing, and production coordination on tight deadlines
- Experience in developing architectural RFP responses
- Knowledge of architecture and architectural discourse is an asset
We look forward to receiving your CV, portfolio, writing sample(s) and references together with a cover letter.
Please email [email protected]