Posted: Apr 6, 2021
maude is seeking a sharp and discerning Graphic Designer to join our team. The ideal candidate has 3-5+ years of graphic design experience, and have in-depth knowledge of design across digital and print disciplines. You will collaborate cross-functionally with the team to manage the entire graphic design and collateral needs of the company, ensuring a clear and cohesive brand vision and strong execution. You will also work closely with the CEO / Creative Director to direct photography and additional design assets / imagery as needed. This role will provide a dynamic opportunity for someone who wants to shape a fast-growing brand.
- Oversee all design projects, from conception through delivery, working with the Creative Director for design approval.
- Gate keep and refine images, fonts, and layouts for a cohesive vision and brand consistency across all design properties.
- Run photoshoots from end to end, to refresh website, social and advertising assets and produce new concepts.
- Design original collateral, packaging, and print, for use across all types of marketing environments.
- Generate ideas to propose different concepts that assist with communicating core values.
- Design with a user-forward perspective in mind for all digital products.
- Liaise with marketing and creative teams to ensure deadlines are met.
- Brainstorming and mocking up design ideas and layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and artistic design concepts.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years' of work experience designing preferably within an agency.
- Expert knowledge of most current version of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator) working knowledge of UX, HTML & CSS a plus.
- Strong understanding of design standards and methodologies.
- Have a clear fundamental understanding of design, typography, photography, and design trends.
- Produce a high volume of collateral under tight deadlines.
- Responsible for designing within company standards, style and branding.
- Ability to interpret design specifications with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must have ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; a great attitude and kind spirit a must.
- Requires adaptability, enthusiasm, initiative and a positive approach to problem solving.
- A knockout design portfolio that demonstrates a keen ability to ignite ideas.
Launched in April 2018, maude is an essentials brand on a mission to make intimacy better through quality, simplicity, and inclusivity. Working closely with familiar factories, each of maude's body-safe products are made to be both easy-to-use and to elevate an everyday experience. Featured in 500 publications including NY Times and Forbes, maude was voted one of CircleUp's 25 and was heralded as "redefining the sex essentials industry for modern consumers." Backed by investors including True, CASSIUS, RRE and Dakota Johnson, maude is on a mission to make sexual wellness better for all.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
People first, always
From communication with our customer to the internal culture of the company, we stand for people. Inclusion and integrity inform how we're built and we look for EQ just as much as IQ.
Quality is non-negotiable
Whether developing new products or writing copy, we expect thoroughness, high standards, and the interminable curiosity to challenge the status quo, taking impactful risks along the way. See an innovative way to do something? Do it.
Simplicity creates change
Balancing form and function sums up our approach and we are guided by timeless and human-focused design. We appreciate conciseness and look for a sharp sensibility across all disciplines to push the boundaries and shape our growth.