Posted: Jan 5, 2022
Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Seeking Full-Time Graphic Designer
Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, founded in 1981 in San Francisco, is the first boutique-concept hotel and restaurant company in America. In addition to treating guests to originality and "Ridiculously Personal Experiences," we strive to provide customized, innovative, and exceptional media to reach guests.
This position requires a strong and highly motivated individual with exceptional design skills, speed and accuracy, and the ability to quickly generate multiple initial-concepts and develop them into viable design solutions while meeting deadlines. Candidate must have strong communication skills and have the ability to work within a team environment.
The designer will produce artwork for use in both print and digital media, including promotional collateral, digital ad campaigns, presentations, and digital content for social media. Candidate must be proficient in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Animate, and HTML5. A proficiency in other Adobe Creative Suite products is recommended but not required.
- Create original design solutions consistent within Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants' multiple brands
- Design and refine various online and offline marketing materials for both internal and external audiences
- Stay up to date on the evolving design, technology, and media landscape, including the emergence of new standards and protocols
- Ability to strategize solutions?based on objectives and audience?under tight deadlines
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Two to five years professional experience in a design-related field
- Showcase strong typography, layout, color theory, photography, creative solutions, and innovative communication methods
- Portfolio demonstrating concept-driven, forward-thinking, and original work in a variety of applied styles and mediums
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud programs, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Animate
- Ability to create original visual elements?strong illustration skills are a plus
- Basic familiarity with web technologies and principles including HTML5 and CSS (UX a plus)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with high-design standards
- Knowledge of printing methods and processes, experience creating print-ready art files for professional production
Please provide Web/PDF folio