Posted: Jul 12, 2019
As part of the creative team, the Graphic Specialist will use an array of skills to deliver high-quality visual communication products. S/he will have knowledge of a wide range of visual communication mediums, such as still and video imagery, illustration, design, layout principles and concepts, and graphic arts. The successful candidate effectively works independently and under the direction of team leaders. Being flexible and able to manage multiple priorities on time and within budget also are keys to success.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Translate scientific data and content into understandable and relevant information for varied audiences, e.g. infographics and data mapping
- Create dynamic PowerPoint decks and other presentations with animation, graphics and recordings
- Create original designs, concepts, or visual styles for a variety of communication materials, including Web-based materials
- Adhere to strict CDC content and quality standards
- Support creative team with specialized graphic/creative services, as needed
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree with 3+ years' experience in graphic design and development
- Adept with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Experience with data visualization and digital mapping, bringing scientific data to life for the public health and lay communities
- Experience supporting communication projects for US Government clients or health related non-profit organizations. Past experience working on communication projects for CDC a major plus.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a multi-faceted team, prioritize, and competently manage a variety of activities with multiple deadlines.
To apply, visit the McKing website: https://career.staffingsoft.com/careers/mckingconsultingjobsm.html