Head of Design
Posted: Jun 8, 2020
Just Insurance is a revolutionary tech start-up, looking to disrupt the US auto insurance industry. Our vision is to dramatically improve road safety, while also making car insurance more fair and affordable to millions of people.
At the core of our ground-breaking product is our app, which is super simple to use, built using the latest technology and powered by our proprietary data algorithms.
Find out more: www.just.insure
With our vision, industry-leading product and investment, we are looking to grow our exceptional team.
Just is a design-led organisation. We passionately believe in human-centered design, and this focus has led to a product that is loved by our customers. As the Head of Design, you will be leading our design and research team to take our product to the next level. This includes re-defining our process and strategy for immersive and delightful user experiences across the company's customer and employee-facing mobile and web-based solutions.
What you'll do:
- Define the design strategy
- Define the design processes
- Mature Just's visual design system
- Lead the Design and Research Team
- Closely collaborate with management and units across the business
- Mobile application product design for Just's app
- Web application product design for Just's website and administration system
- User journey streamlining
- Rapid prototyping
What we're looking for:
- Strong user research experience
- Copywriting experience
- Extremely passionate about design principles, human behavior and the interaction between people and technology
- Jack of all trades
- Experience working with Material Design guidelines and Human Interface guidelines
- Ability to work in a highly organized and efficient manner.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Effective time management, sound judgment, decision-making and reasoning abilities
- Highly detail-oriented.
Highly regarded but not a prerequisite:
- Usage-based motor insurance (Cuvva, By Miles, etc) or retail banking start-up (e.g. Monzo, Starling, etc) experience
- Adobe product suite
- Prototyping: Figma, Principle, Flinto, Invision, Framer
- UX Research: Typeform, Survicate, Lookback.io
- The best tool of all pencil and paper
From a personal point of view, we're looking for someone who is innovative, collaborative and has a passion for what they do. You'll be expected to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in from day one.
What we can offer you:
You'll be working on difficult and interesting projects, and have the opportunity to make a real impact on the company, and the wider industry. You'll be working in a team and company that passionately believes in user research and human-centered design. We're looking for people who share this passion.
We are now a completely remote working unit in the UK with most of us situated in and around London. We start at 10:00 to align with our Los Angeles, US office a little better. We believe in work-life balance, and as such, you'll get your birthday and the days between Christmas and new years off, in addition to your 25 days holiday allowance. Your remuneration is made up of salary, pension, and a generous share options package. You do the work, you share the rewards.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to be part of an exceptional team, in an exciting company that seeks to revolutionize a $222B industry - and that's in the US alone. If you are exceptional, passionate about making a difference, and have a hunger to shake up a market that is ripe for change, this is the role for you.