In-Vehicle Digital Design Manager
Posted: Oct 11, 2019
In-Vehicle Digital Design Manager
Ford Motor Company, Product Development, Design
Location: Dearborn MI, Irvine, CA, Palo Alto, CA
In-vehicle digital experiences is the next unexplored frontier of innovation for user experience, mobility and A.I. to converge and shape the future of the foremost customer touchpoint for Ford.
As a Digital Design Manager, you will be responsible for leading the vision and executing on the production of the holistic digital experience for Ford and Lincoln global vehicle brands. You will work in collaboration with internal and external resources in the design, development and implementation of the next generation of driver-centric and infotainment experiences. You will gain exposure to our proven product development process and interact regularly with Senior Management. To succeed you must have a passion for creating exceptional interactive systems for global products and remarkable visual design expertise.
- Engage with a talented team of UX/UI Designers, 3D visualization artists, and Motion Graphic Designers who have a deep understanding and passion for product design
- Create strategies on now/near/far milestones tied to global strategic direction
- Deliver experiences for digital centerstack, digital Instrument Cluster, HUD (heads-up-display), and any other pixels in a vehicle
- Exhibit passion for emerging technologies, new interaction models, product design, and perfection in visual design
- Prepare, build and operate digital and mobile experiences that support business objectives and provide optimal user experience
- Create and leverage automotive industry best practices with internal standards and expectations
- Work with cross-functional teams and manage relationships with internal and external business partners and technology service providers
- Oversee project budgets and timing plans
- Provide training to develop the knowledge base of other team members
- Lead the ongoing optimization of multiple digital experiences across platforms by assessing and leveraging analytics data, team feedback, third party expertise and competitive intelligence
- Create seamless experiences across multiple platforms
- Lead performance management efforts with business and technology partners to ensure optimal digital performance in support of business objectives
- Demonstrate adaptability and support continuous learning
**A portfolio is required. Portfolio submission must include explanations of candidate's contribution if include project work and must include examples of individual work. Please include a link to your portfolio in your resume. **
- Undergrad in Interaction Design, Digital Product Design, User Experience or related design fields
- 5+ years of digital design experience required
- 2+ years of Management/Supervisory experience required (Art Director, Creative Director, Design Manager, etc.)
- Knowledge and application Human-Centered Design principles and approach
- Experience in agile UX design practices and rapid prototyping methods
- Excellent written, oral and visual communication skills
- Understanding and experience in design system creation and management
- Automotive experience preferred, not required
The distance between imagination and ... creation. It can be measured in years of innovation, or in moments of brilliance. When you join the Ford team discover all the benefits, rewards and development opportunities you'd expect from a diverse global leader. You'll become part of a team that is already leading the way, with ingenious solutions and attainable products ?and it is always ready to go further.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Ford Motor Company and Agency positions are available in both Dearborn, MI and Irvine, CA studios.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
If you're interested in this position, please apply via the link below.