Industrial Design Intern
Posted: Apr 1, 2021
The Box Clever team is built on an international base of best-in-class talent. We are currently seeking an Industrial Design Intern in our San Francisco studio to support our Industrial Design team. You'll play an active role in client projects, getting real-world, hands-on experience, and learn from insightful and experienced designers. Interns will also have the unique opportunity to contribute to real-world projects that get made.
- Explore a range of visual directions and participate in client reviews to make informed selections.
- Sketch industrial concepts as part of a collaborative project team
- Support making mockups from various materials and 3D prints
- Participate in brainstorms and collaborative activities
- Take direction from other designers and the Creative Director
- Work collaboratively across all levels of the team
- Product, Inspiration and material research
- Must have or be working towards a bachelor's degree in Industrial Design.
- Strong CAD skills (Rhino preferred); Proficiency in PowerPoint.
- Strong rendering skills (Keyshot)
- Adobe Photoshop experience
- Enthusiasm for design, meticulous attention to detail, and willingness to learn and take on new challenges
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
- Portfolio link or samples of recent work
- The internship will require 40 hours/week of work and is for a minimum commitment of 3 months.