Information Designer (Turkish Citizen)
Posted: Nov 21, 2022
We2 is a shared dream. Realize your passion through our community. We are an ethical design studio that produces communications materials for humanitarian organizations. Although we are based in Izmir, Turkey, all work is done remotely. As a small but growing social business we are fortunate to work with clients in different parts of the world, primarily in the Middle East and Africa. Our work seeks to improve people's lives, leveraging design to promote awareness of the most important issues facing humanity.
If you're an experienced infographic designer seeking a job where your passion for people and the planet is reflected in your work, please read on.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND EXPECTED TASKS
As a structured and process-oriented company, we have spent the last few years improving our creative processes, and we are now ready to enhance our design capacity. We are looking for an experienced information designer that can generate engaging and creative designs that adhere to our clients' brand guidelines and meet our design standards. The most vital abilities for this job are speed, attention to detail, and initiative in creative direction.
Job duties include:
- Deconstructing complex data and converting it into reader-friendly, elegant and intelligent visuals.
- Implementing visual concepts, strategies and guidelines for creative projects.
- Collaborating with design team to understand content specific goals and potential problems.
- Producing engaging infographics, presentations, charts, maps and vector artwork for usage in publications, posters, leaflets, animations, and digital platforms.
- Developing creative processes and creating templates.
- Inventing innovative ways to visualize data.
- Researching for inspirational works and resources for projects and for general improvement.
- Implementing client requests and achieving customer satisfaction.
- A bachelor's degree in graphic design, art or a similar field of study, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience of at least eight years in the field.
- Excellent spoken and written English and Turkish, with excellent communication skills.
- Want their work to have a positive impact on the world.
- Proven work experience in data visualization and infographics design in print and digital mediums.
- A thorough understanding of fundamental design principles, such as hierarchy, typography, and color theory.
- Able to conceptualize and integrate difficult content into compelling visuals and engaging messages.
- Demonstrated mastery with Adobe Creative Cloud (notably InDesign and Illustrator) and Microsoft Office 365.
- Work well from home.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Thrive in a collaborative work environment, be excited to influence change, enjoy exploration, reading and learning new things.
- Able to effectively communicate with staff at all levels, adhere to deadlines and handle stress.
- Has an empathetic, proactive and resilient personality.
- Adherence to We2 values: Conscious, Helpful, Enthusiastic, Elegant, and Reliable (CHEER).
- Experience with Keynote, After Effects, QGIS, or other Adobe programs is desirable.
- Digital photography and videography experience is desirable.
All of us work remotely. We have a clear and flexible work system. We offer a competitive salary, private insurance, bonuses, and monthly bill and food support to our staff. We provide generous vacation time and most importantly, a positive work environment that rewards professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
For thorough consideration, the application package must include a link to a detailed design portfolio.
Applications that do not fit the job requirements will not be considered.
The role is a full-time position and is remote. This job post is open only to Turkish citizens who live in Turkey. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.