Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP: Information Security Infrastructure Engineer at Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP (Philadelphia, PA) (Philadelphia, PA)
Posted: Mar 15, 2019
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Under limited supervision, the Information Security Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for assisting in the evaluation of infrastructure changes and in project strategy to ensure security controls are designed properly, implemented, and operate effectively during and after the project life cycle.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops technology requirements for proposed architectural infrastructure changes and provides guidance for the delivery of suggested technologies and alternatives across the enterprise.
- Serves as an internal information security architecture subject matter expert to both the IT department and the larger Morgan Lewis community.
- Promotes industry best practices and current technologies to architect security and privacy solutions that appropriately mitigate risk and integrate into the overall business model.
- Leads and facilitates the evaluation and selection of security technologies and product standards, and the design of documented standard configurations and implementation processes of security solutions.
- Monitors current and emerging cyber security trends and technology for possible future integration, especially cloud technologies.
- Working with the IT Security and Compliance Director and team members, assists in development of the annual security road map, translating business requirements into information security controls based on the changing threat environment.
- Provides technical security support across the IT Security and Compliance team, corporate applications, business lines, and technology teams surrounding a multitude of security technologies, infrastructure, platforms, and software.
- Analyzes cyber security standards of global business environments to ensure compliance with privacy regulations (i.e. GDPR, RU Fed 152-FZ, China CSL, CCPA).
- Partners with vendors and third parties to identify security enhancements and optimization of existing solutions and ensure that future technologies will be effective and fully utilized, realizing resource constraints, changes in business direction, client requirements and new privacy regulations.
- Monitors alerts and manages security toolsets: SIEM, endpoint/malware security, vulnerability scanning (incl. application and databases), firewalls, multi-factor authentication, remote access, third party hosting center.
- Evaluates emerging vulnerabilities, threats and indicators of compromise, responding with proper recommendations for protection or implementation of mitigating controls.
- Reviews individual and team assigned helpdesk tickets and requests, responding and escalating appropriately.
- Aids IT teams in disseminating penetration testing results and identifying remediation tasks or mitigating controls.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
This job requires:
- A Bachelor's degree,
- minimum of 4-6 years of hands on experience with information security technologies, minimum of 3-5 years of anti-virus, anti-malware and/or endpoint solutions experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a basic knowledge of / be proficient in the following software: latest versions of Microsoft Windows and Linux Operating Systems, McAfee Endpoint and ePO, Proofpoint, Symantec DLP, Splunk (preferred), and Tenable.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Required: ISC2 CISSP or SANS GIAC certifications
Recommended but not required: Cloud Security Alliance (CCSP) or Microsoft Security certifications