Asigra: Instructional Designer (Toronto)
Posted: May 18, 2017
Trusted since 1986, Asigra provides organizations around the world the ability to recover their data from anywhere through a global network of partners who deliver cloud backup and recovery services as public, private and/or hybrid deployments. As the industry’s first enterprise agentless cloud-based recovery software to provide data backup and recovery of servers, virtual machines, endpoint devices, databases and applications, SaaS and IaaS based applications, Asigra lowers the total cost of ownership, reduces recovery time objectives, eliminates silos of backup data by providing a single consolidated repository, and provides 100% recovery assurance.
As a forward-looking innovative company that employs innovative people, we work alongside our customers to generate success for them. Through the quality of our services and products, and the long-term commitment of our staff, we add value to our customer's businesses and thereby create a basis for our own long-term success.
Asigra has been recognized as the Top Enterprise Backup App by Techtarget Storage Magazine and was recently cited as one of the Top 10 Cloud Companies to Watch. More information on Asigra can be found at .
As an Instructional Designer (6 Month Contract) at Asigra, you will have a passion for education and be dedicated to fostering a best-of-breed training program.
Working with the Lead Technical Trainer, you will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of Asigra training courses, content, and learning curriculums. Experience in both classroom and e-Learning instruction methods, and a working knowledge of Adult Learning Theory and the ADDIE (Analysis, Design, Development, Implement, and Evaluate – Instructional System Design) model is a must.
- Work with the Lead Technical Trainer to design and develop online and blended training material (procedures, knowledge modules, troubleshooting guides, evaluation material)
- Assist in converting existing and new corporate training programs/materials to accommodate instructor led, online and blended training material
- Maintain and update all pertinent training course materials associated with current and new product releases
- Maintain the course plans, training manuals, course exams, and any other relevant course material
- Write the audio script for each course and work with subject matter expert (SMEs) and voice talent to ensure proper pronunciation and style
- Record temporary voice over for course draft
- Promote the courses and services that the Training department offers to internal and external clients via client interaction, marketing brochures and promotional web content
- Liaise regularly and promote positive synergies with the other departments in the organization, including Engineering Product Management & Development as well as Quality Assurance, to ensure accuracy of training materials
- Use PowerPoint to draft screen layouts, graphics and interactions appropriate to the content
- Experience in engineering level technical training and documentation, including the following areas: designing, monitoring and measuring learning programs, e-learning, developing materials appropriate for multinational audiences; developing content that reaches all learning styles
- Proficiency in learning new enterprise software technologies
- Expertise applying adult learning models and methodologies to design action-oriented interactive and engaging content outlines, storyboards and simulations for e-Learning
- Strong visual design skills - sensitivity to layout, typography and colour
- Advanced Skills in LMS management, HTML knowledge an advantage
- Proficient with Adobe eLearning Suite, Adobe Captivate, and Articulate Quizmaker
- Proficiency using multi-media technology to enhance training / learning experiences
- Strong communication skills
- Able to quickly learn new product releases, networking principles and keep abreast of industry trends
- Must be results oriented and possess strong organization and planning skills
- Formal training in instructional design and/or adult learning is a must
Asigra welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only candidates who meet the stated requirements will be considered.Apply for this Job