Northbridge Financial Corporation: Instructional Designer, Storyline (Contract-18 months) (Toronto)
Posted: May 18, 2017
Join a growing and dynamic company that has a long and rich Canadian history in providing innovative insurance solutions to customers nationwide.
Northbridge Financial Corporation is a leading commercial property and casualty insurance company that’s been helping protect Canadian businesses for more than 90 years. As a group, we offer a wide range of creative solutions to our customers through our Northbridge Insurance, TruShield Insurance and Federated Insurance brands. At Northbridge, we strive to create a fair and friendly culture, upheld by the foundation of our five corporate values: respect, passion, connectedness, creativity, and excellence. We’re committed to living these values in everything we do, and our dedicated team of over 1,400 employees brings them to life every day.
This position will be based out of our Toronto office. Located in the heart of Toronto’s Financial District, our office is easily accessible by TTC and GO Transit, and within walking distance to the Eaton Centre, Air Canada Centre, Rogers Centre, and CN Tower.
The Learning Specialist (Instructional Designer) is a high energy and resourceful learning professional. They will be responsible for needs assessments, design, development, implementation and evaluation of effective learning solutions. Where required they should be prepared to facilitate training live in a classroom and also virtually. A key responsibility for the successful candidate will be assisting with the implementation of an underwriting education program.
- Act as a trusted advisor for business partners and SMEs developing relationships and collaborating across the organization to identify needs and recommend solutions aligned to business objectives.
- Establish learning objectives and expected outcomes for multiple complex learning and development projects.
- Manage, design, develop and implement end-to-end solutions for self-directed, online, virtual (webinar) and classroom learning including course outlines and required support materials.
- Facilitate training and workshop sessions live in a classroom as well as virtually, maximizing audience participation, satisfaction and success. Incumbent will prepare session rooms and adapt materials as required to create an interactive and engaging event.
- Develop evaluation tools for feedback on effectiveness and to measure knowledge transfer during learning and post training.
- Collaborate with Learning & Development team members to create and define best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years’ experience in instructional design and development creating blended solutions for technical, functional and soft skills training.
- 3+ years’ experience facilitating in a corporate environment with large audiences in both classroom settings as well as virtual environments.
- Competent in eLearning authoring tools Articulate Storyline and Adobe Captivate.
- Experience with virtual classroom software WebEx, Live Meeting and/or Adobe Connect.
- Minimum requirements include a Bachelor’s degree.
- Background in Adult Education is preferred.
- CTP or CTDP designation is an asset.
- Underwriting knowledge and experience would be an asset.