Intermediate/Senior Graphic Designer
Posted: Nov 8, 2022
Are you driven by impact? We're hcma, an interdisciplinary design firm driven by the desire to create happier, healthier, more connected communities.
The work we do on the Communication Design team reflects this commitment. We design brands that move people, inspire confidence, and forge lasting relationships with communities. We create inclusive wayfinding and experiential design that helps everyone feel welcome. We collaborate across a range of interdisciplinary projects with our colleagues in architecture, sustainability, and social impact.
Our Communication Design team is growing ? and we need a designer with the ambition, enthusiasm, and talent to help us. Is that you?
We're looking for a graphic designer (intermediate to senior) to:
- Bring creative flair, technical ability and a collaborative nature to every brief
- Act as the lead designer on external and internal briefs, across brand identity, wayfinding and signage, print and digital, with leadership from our Creative Director
- Work directly with clients, from initial briefing and concepts through to key presentations and execution, with leadership from our Client Director
- Responsibly deliver projects on time, on budget, with support from our Project Managers.
What you will do:
- Work across a range of internal and external projects, including:
- Brand identity design, brand applications, and brand guidelines development
- Publications and presentations
- Wayfinding and signage concepts and designs
- Design for the built environment
- Colour and material strategies for architectural projects
- Collaborate with other disciplines: architects, interior designers, inclusive design specialists and other specialists on projects from conception to completion without the traditional silos
Ideally, you bring:
- 5+ years' honed experience and craft across a range of sectors, including strategy, brand, design, and production, in both print and digital
- Outstanding design talent, and proven experience delivering inspiring and impactful brand and design projects for clients and communities
- An innate and infectious curiosity paired with an agility and can-do attitude that suits a non-linear creative environment
- Proven experience delivering and executing creative concepts, and a high-level sense of design, layout and typography
- Strong communication, organizational, problem-solving and time-management skills
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, with experience in HTML and motion graphics an asset
What we offer
- The freedom to do things differently within an ambitious and talented communication design team poised for growth
- A firm-wide commitment to partnering with purpose-driven clients who share hcma's values
- Interdisciplinary collaboration with architects, interior designers, and other specialists across the firm to achieve greater impact and better design solutions
Curious? Get in touch.
If this new opportunity excites you and you want to express your interest, please prepare a submission to us: including your resume, portfolio; and most importantly we want to know what you are passionate about and why hcma is right for you. Send this along to [email protected] You must be legally eligible to work in Canada and provide supporting evidence prior to any potential offer of employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.