Delivery Hero SE: iOS Engineer (f/m/d) at Delivery Hero SE (Berlin, Germany) (Berlin, Germany)
Posted: Mar 15, 2019
Delivery Hero is building the next generation of online food-delivery platforms around the world.
We’re truly an international organization, with teams in over 40 countries and 80+ nationalities represented in our Berlin office alone.
DeliveryTech has played an instrumental role in the phenomenal growth of our platform.
Our Tech teams leverage a diverse stack to create cutting-edge solutions which cover the full customer experience - starting with an online search for food and ending with a delicious meal arriving at your doorstep.
If you’re a creative problem solver who is hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
What’s on the menu?
- Experience building and shipping mobile applications for iOs. A strong knowledge in Swift, Cocoa, Xcode and iOS SDK. A fair knowledge of Objective-C is ideal.
- You understand that QA is a responsibility for everybody in the team. You are comfortable doing TDD and Unit/Integration/UI tests.
- You take ownership for every new feature since the discovery phase with the product owner up to the release deployment.
- You can plan your tasks in a well-structured way, breaking into smaller pieces, making it possible for any other engineer to collaborate with you.
- You have some project to show to us. It could be an app available in App Store or an Open Source contribution or even a nice side-project that you are proud of. Source contribution or even a nice side-project that you are proud of.
- Agile mindset, with a pragmatic approach to finding the solution without over-engineering.
- Moreover, you are fluent in English.
What do you bring to the table?
- Autonomy to suggest any new feature/project. Freedom to talk directly with the Product Manager to refine your idea.
- Possibility to work on Android and Backend stack if you want.
- Be part of an agile team, running kanban, with very few/short meetings and weekly releases.
- "No blame" culture.
- Huge impact on our business, with +40k users, in more than +40 countries are using our app daily.
- English is our working language, but our colleagues at Delivery Hero come from every corner of the globe providing an incredibly diverse, international working atmosphere with cross-cultural teams.
- A modern, recently refurbished office in the heart of Berlin.
- We offer flexible working hours to fit around your personal or family life in case you have to drop off your kids at kita or perhaps you just want to come in to work a little later.
- Great career opportunities following our development career plan.
- Being part of a global family under the Delivery Hero umbrella, we can offer you the safety of a large company including a pension scheme and stability.
- Moving can be stressful so to help you settle in we provide a relocation package including visa help, temporary accommodation and a budget to applicants from abroad.
- Our building has several kitchens where you’ll find fresh fruit, cereals, juice/ drinks, tea, coffee, etc.
- On nearly every floor you’ll find a kicker or table tennis (or a lounge, and even a nap room) for when you need to take a break.
- Being a food-ordering company, in between playing and working hard, we provide a generous number of monthly vouchers to use for ordering food on our platforms when you get the munchies.
- Sprichst du kein Deutsch? No worries, we provide German classes for those expats who want to expedite their integration.
- We know that experience at the office with interesting and diverse problems, colleagues and technologies isn’t the only way to learn, so our employees get an education budget to attend conferences or trainings locally or around Europe to satisfy their pursuit of knowledge.
- Every Friday we have a team integration, when we just stop working earlier, grab a beer and relax with colleagues.
- Sometimes we just enjoy our times together with team events and company events.
At Delivery Hero, we believe diversity and representation is key to creating not only an exciting product, but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this starts with hiring -- therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you.
Have we caught your attention? Then please send us your application including cover letter, CV, salary expectations and earliest starting date. We’re looking forward to your application!
Are you the missing ingredient?
Read about the latest updates from our Tech & Product teams on our blog.
Find our stack here.