JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.: Java Developer - Software Engineering at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (Mumbai, India) (Mumbai, India)
Posted: Jan 13, 2021
As a feature team member you will contribute towards development of various components of Financial Transaction Processing System platform.
As a hands-on developer, you will be working on delivering features while collaborating with global feature teams, product owners and stakeholders.
As a team member, you will be expected to technically contribute to a complex existing back-office settlement platform.
You will have opportunities to develop your skills in different technical and functional areas as part of agile transformation to a learning organization. Learning and developing new skills will be treated BAU as part of the feature team based operating model.
Qualifications (in order of importance):
* Solid development skills with all of the following: Java, J2EE and basic database skills.
* Solid understanding of object oriented programming and design principles.
* Solid understanding of programming principles, such as inter-process communications in the distributed environment; understanding time and space complexity of different collections and algorithms.
* Solid understanding of patterns to implement scalable and high performance software.
* Practical knowledge of production considerations, such as version control, code libraries, source control systems, continuous integration tools, documentation, code reviews, automation testing tools and methodology, and software release management
* Experience with Spring and Hibernate frameworks
* Understanding of Web Applications development principles
* Familiarity with different test automation techniques and experience with automation frameworks such as Cucumber, FitNesse, TestNG, and Selenium
* Experience in RESTful web services.
Specialization: Object Oriented Programming in Java, J2EE, Oracle, Spring/Hibernate frameworks.
Collaboration: While working in a collaborative environment, participate in all stages of application development process, including design, implementation, testing and production support. As a person working on an agile team you are not an "individual contributor", you are a team player. You are expected to work interdependently - collaborate, negotiate, respect people you work with, make trade-offs, and handle conflicts.
Problem Solving: We expect you to be a solutions-oriented, out-of-the-box thinker who frequently comes up with new and innovative ways of doing things. People on agile teams work together to solve technical problems, handle issues, and interface with other teams.
Communication: Excellent communication skill is a must. You are expected to effectively interact with both, technical and non-technical personnel. These skills should encompass all facets of communication, including both written and verbal contact
Self-improvement: People on agile teams need an exceptional ability to learn and apply that learning-both in growing "generalizing specialist" skills and in improving team processes. You are expected to be open-minded to working in different areas of your systems (front-end, backend, middle tier) as your teams work changes
Self-discipline: The real world of JPMorgan is frequently fraught with aggressive deadlines and last-minute changes that translate into long days and lots of hard work. We expect you to be prepared to walk that extra mileJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.