TomTom: Java Engineer who likes enormous amounts of data at TomTom (Ghent, Belgium) (Ghent, Belgium)
Posted: Feb 13, 2019
You’ll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow’s mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What you’ll do
- You will work on incremental data transformation algorithms and deliver high quality software through agile development methodologies
- You will dive into the pile of metadata we gathered on our processes and write tooling to gather insights
- Use those insights to make recommendations to streamline the process
- Quickly assess and apply the potential of emerging technologies
- You will keep looking at the bigger picture for the problem at hand
What you’ll need
- Your Data Mining techniques and tooling know-how are impressive. Same goes for your experience with cloud computing.
- You have the skills and desire to build and improve visual simulations of complex data structures.
- You love working as part of a self-organizing Scrum team in a scaled, agile environment.
- You are working with automated testing, CI techniques and tools, design patterns and clean code principles.
- You have knowledge of Java and of streaming concepts.
What’s nice to have
- You might have knowledge in one (or several) of these areas: Prototyping, Geospatial processing, Lambda and Kappa architectures, Unix based environments, Hadoop, Hbase or HDFS.
Meet your team
We’re Maps, a product unit within TomTom’s Location Technology Products technical unit. Our team is comprised of over 2,000 people in 40 countries – all driven to deliver the most up-to-date, accurate and detailed maps for the hundreds of millions of people using TomTom maps around the world. Joining our team, you’ll help continuously innovate our map-making processes, create a real-time closed loop between detected changes in the real world and the users’ map, and build maps that will enable the future of autonomous driving.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?