trivago N.V: Java Software Engineer - Advertiser Integration Solutions at trivago N.V (Düsseldorf, Germany) (Düsseldorf, Germany)
Posted: Jan 11, 2019
How would a price comparison website work without prices? It won't! That's why our duty is to connect and maintain hundreds of advertisers around the globe by developing next-generation technologies to assure that millions of users are able to find their ideal hotel at the best price.
We are looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial Java Software Engineer to join a team of passionate Software Engineers, QA Engineers and Product Owners building and maintaining our advertiser microservice infrastructure.
What you'll do:
- Be part of our agile team and help to enlarge and maintain our advertisers on trivago by creating microservices to access their APIs.
- Play a leading role and take ownership in the design and implementation of new functionality and platform enhancements to improve the implementation from scratch to an advertiser.
- Work closely and collaboratively with stakeholders and members of other teams from tech and non-tech areas of trivago, especially with the Technical Account Management team and Sales Account Management team.
- Help to create better deployment pipelines and monitor stability of deployments.
- Create monitoring systems for health checks of advertiser integrations.
What you'll definitely need:
- A degree in Computer Science or in a related technical field, or you have equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in Java development or at least JVM language.
- A passion for writing code and building solutions.
- Experience working with MySQL.
- First experience with one of the following services: AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, Nomad, LinkerD or Jenkins.
- Fluency in English, our company language.
What we'd love you to have:
- First experience in designing and maintaining microservice architecture.
- Knowledge of software architecture, data structures and modern design patterns.
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the following technologies: Redis, Grafana, Kibana, ElasticSearch or Prometheus.
Life at trivago is:
- A unique culture with a strong sense of community and an agile, international work environment.
- The opportunity for self-driven individuals to have a direct impact on the business.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof is the driving force behind all decisions and determines the way forward.
- The chance to develop personally and professionally due to a strong feedback culture and access to training and workshops.
- Flexibility for all employees to contribute value and maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- A state-of-the-art campus with world-class ergonomics that supports your health and happiness, 30+ sports and a multi-cuisine cafeteria to satisfy your inner foodie.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
trivago N.V. is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.